Paizocon 2020 goes Online!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Allyx, May 1, 2020.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

With the Coronavirus pandemic still affecting everyone worldwide, the various geek fandom conventions are heading online.

Paizo announced a few days ago that this years Paizocon would likewise be hosted online, and many of their usual annual events have been moved to an online format. Pathfinder 1e, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2e society games are being added to their event on Warhorn.net.

Paizocon game sign-ups will be handled on Warhorn, games will be played on Roll20, Fantasy Grounds, D20pro, Astral and/or another VTT I forget which, and voice communications will be on their Paizocon Discord server.

The event will be free, and runs from the 26th to 31st of May, there will also be seminars and streamed games and all sorts of other d20 system and adjacent fun times. GM sign-ups start of Friday around midday east coast USA time and player sign-ups around the 14th of May?

Full details can be found here.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

You mentioned Roll20... I had an odd error this week. It worked fine last week, but this week when I tried to "Launch Game", it stripped the campaign id off the url, and went into an endless ad loop. Any ideas?

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Sorry, no clue, my entire Roll20 experience is 2 Pathfinder Scenarios as a player, and 3 Adventure Path sanctioned material games as a GM. I'd send the support team a message and see if they can look into the issue.

4. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Rog, thanks!

Our Host!