Arcane Archer

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by pitttbulll, Apr 29, 2020.

Remove all ads!
  1. pitttbulll

pitttbulll Member

I have a wood elf who has all of the feat requirements and is a level 2 fighter/level 1 wizard so he can cast arcane spells but I don't have the option to make him an arcane archer on level up.
    His attack to hit is +5 with strength unarmed and +7 with a bow.
    Does he have to be a pure elf common to be this class or am I missing something?
    Thanks.

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Go back to your elf's level-up screen and hover your mouse over the blacked-out arcane archer button, you will see the pre-requisites for the arcane archer listed in the display box underneath. You will see that you don't meet the requirements of +6 Base Attack Bonus (BAB) , Point Blank Shot Feat, Precise Shot Feat and Weapon Focus in either longbow or shortbow.

BAB depends purely on class and levels or else you could get extra attacks from high strength or high dex
    A typical entry character would be Fighter5/Wizard 2 or Fighter 1/Wizard6/Eldritch Knight2 which would be much better able to exploit imbue arrow.

You will need to switch off multi-classing penalties or recreate your character as a grey or high elf

3. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

I'll look into this one. Wait nevermind looks like BAB was the issue.

4. pitttbulll

pitttbulll Member

Thanks, I made a new character common elf so I can max out fighter 6th level then pick wizard 1st level to meet arcane and not get the class difference penalty since wizard is the favored class

Our Host!