CTD then Corrupt files. Dear gods please help me /cries

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by Soluran, Jul 22, 2019.

Remove all ads!
  1. Soluran

Soluran Member

Have been playing this current game for, well, a ton of hours. Level 11 or 12 now. Been playing all week, no issues. Took a couple days off to go play watch dogs 2. Come back, CTD every time I try to location change. On 2nd level of the dungeon. Either teleport, or click the stairs symbol.

That was all day yesterday. Today. I go to start it up and see if it is still happening, now I get the 'Unknown error, corrupt files... TOEE hates you.'

No quicksaves, save on map change is disabled. I never let the cleric summon any demons from Gehenna nor consort with any githzerai. Did everything properly.

Can someone please help me before I have a psychotic break, please?

2. Soluran

Soluran Member

Uninstalling and reinstalling has managed to fix the corrupt file issue. The crash to desktop on location change is still occurring. If anyone has any ideas on this, I would truly appreciate it. This is my 4th time restarting and given that I have made it this far, I really want to be able to finish this playthrough. Also, it is happening on all 4 of my saves.

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Please send the saves (you can upload to wikisend.com) and I'll see if anything can be done.

Also, are you using Temple+?

4. Soluran

Soluran Member

Co8. I downloaded Temple+ but was hesitant to install on the off chance that it caused further complications.

5. Soluran

Soluran Member

6. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Do you have any Dwarves in your party wearing Breastplates? If so, that may be a problem.

7. Soluran

Soluran Member

Seriously? Stumpies in a BP can prevent location change?

8. Soluran

Soluran Member

No, no dwarves. humans elves and half-elves. Unless Otis has stumpy blood in him.

9. Soluran

Soluran Member

Also, dumb question but you can't activate and play KotB if you have a game going in co8 right? You will lose the save games et al when you activate Keep? I've never given Keep a shot in all these years but I don't want to tank my ToEE worse.

10. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Your ToEE saves will be archived when it switches to KotB. They will be available when you re-activate ToEE.

11. Sitra Achara

I'm not sure what's causing it but apparently it's been fixed a long time ago in Temple+ since I can change maps just fine with it while getting the crash in regular ToEE. Most likely it's an invalid object handle error.

Re. KotB you can duplicate your entire toee folder so that it doesn't interfere with your ToEE game, and also it allows you tu run either without activations.

12. Soluran

Soluran Member

Okay.. so the save game I sent you is from the co8 standard modpack. It's showing in the data that it is the vanilla toee?

B) If I load up Temple+ and pull the save game into it there, it's working?

13. Sitra Achara

Yes, that's what i just did.

Oh one other thing you could try is delete party members and see if it makes the crash disappear. See if you can narrow it down to a particular one, and if so just replace with a new character.
    Edit: Tried that, didn't work. So I guess your only options are either to roll with Temple+ (I may be slightly biased but I don't think that's a bad choice :)) or start a new game...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  14. Sitra Achara

Ah, actually, I may have a solution for you. I loaded up the game with the oldest version of Temple+ I could find, saved the game, and was able to load it in normal toee and play without the crash. So there you go :)

Attached Files:

Allyx likes this.
  15. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

I strongly recommend using Temple+ with Co8 and Keep on the Borderlands since T+ fixes so many problems and adds spiffy options like new classes.

sirchet likes this.
Our Host!