Zoltec's mod for temple plus 1.0.64

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Zoltec, Aug 13, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

2. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Ok I will try to work on a few tomorrow. All of them are doable, except for the Marilith but let see what we can do about it.

3. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Heres the fire giant.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    anatoliy, florian1, Daryk and 2 others like this.
  4. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Heres the frost giant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

anatoliy and Allyx like this.
  5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@Zoltec Will these new models require Temple+ to make them work? Or will they work without Temple+?

6. Endarire

@Zoltec What are your expected main difficulties for the Marilith?

7. Allyx

@Endarire Marilith Demons would require entirely new animations to make them work properly. The closest model ToEE has is probably the Salamander, but even that has 4 too few arms. Modding new animations is something we have so far not been able to crack. marilith.png

8. compleCCity

compleCCity Member

Hi!

I appreciate your mod and have already played around with textures from 6.1.
    Glad, I downloaded 6.2 some days ago, because now it isn't available anymore.

On the other hand, I had to revert to 6.1, because even after a fresh installation with T+ 1.0.75 and no overrides folder, copying the complete 6.2 stuff into the game directory lead to an immediate CTD – not so with 6.1.
    (Is this perhaps the reason why the mod isn't avaialble anymore? ;) )

9. Endarire

What about using a 6-armed Salamander that only attacks with 2 arms?

10. Allyx

I had thought about stretching the existing arms downwards as if they were like a pair of fans, and alpha out the connective membranes, so 3 arms on one side would attack, then 3 the other side, but thinking about it, I beleive Salamanders are all equipped with two handed tridents anyway, so they won't even have single arm attacks for either side.

11. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

That is a great question! The answer is yes, the models are fully compatible with or without the Temple plus. As you have noticed, some of XVicious models are not compatible with Temple plus anymore for some unknown reason, but I have found a way to make it work with Temple plus and that is by not deleting any of the existing points of the skeletal model. What I am doing is moving the unneeded points together and hiding it inside the model structure. The traditional way of editing it before was through hex editing, where in we need to update the binary code of the .skm file after the modifications (e.g. deleting unneeded points).

Hello there, I really appreciate you using my mod. I have to find out whats causing it and get back to you again another day to answer your question. :)

Great suggestion, but the only model that I can think of for salamanders is the Yuan-Ti. We can do it for Merilith, it is just we have to create a spell similar to mirror image, but that should be aligned to the main body and move it a little bit downward to make it look like it has an additional arm.

Edit: Lamia might work too for Yuan-Ti.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  12. Allyx

I know in Pathfinder at least, Lamias are more like Wemics - lion/man centaur like creatures, while Lamia Matriarch's are more like Yuan-ti with snake lower half and humanoid upper body.

13. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

We do not have any pre-existing ToEE models that has 6 arms to work with. I can try duplicating the arms of the Salamander model, it is just that there is no guarantee that it will inherit the arms animation and for some reason I can only test it without the Temple plus hoping it will not CTD.

What is really getting difficult for me is I don't know yet how to map the texture to the model in anim8or program. So I really coudn't identify which part of the pixels are the body, torso and so on. I have to test it pixel by pixel. Evidently on the Fire Giant, I am not able to put the additional textures on the helmet due to that.

14. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Well, if I remembered lamia (toee) has a different animation, even if I cut off her legs, it would appear weird when she have her lower body crawls.

15. Allyx

I think what I was eluding to was that we could use the Salamander model as a base for the Marilith as it already has a snake lower half and humanoid torso. It lacks the extra arms and has the wrong weapon and animation, but we could at least make it look similar, at least until a way to add 4 arms is found.

Our Host!