So, TemplePlus exists.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Feb 29, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

I see what you are up to. I should update the Advanced Learning feature so you get to select your own evocation spells from the wizard list. As soon as I finish what I am working on now I'll try to improve that feature.

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Wall of fire is in, yes. The original spell list from Troika was probably based on the core rulebook spells, which includes spells that weren't implemented but were still prepared for.

Specifying 798 should work,yes.

BTW be aware that if you use the overrides folder, it's your responsibility to check and integrate future updates which may or may not change those files.

3. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Thank you very much indeed. I am certainly aware that should version 72 contain @_doug_'s revision of Advanced Learning it is up to me to remove adapted version 71 files pertaining to warmage from the override folder.

4. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

I am getting a bug I got in previous toee/co8 pc games. Basically, one of my spellcasters in level 2 of the temple is now invulnerable to spell damage(and probably weapon-damage) and is unable to cast spells. That is, the dialogue states that he casts mage armor or whatever but nothing happens on him, and no ac is changed or whatever. There is no error file appearing as the game did not show one prior to ctding. Any ideas? Thanks!

5. Sitra Achara

Please post the save file.

6. StrontiumDog

Oh, it seems that while Jaroo could not fix this, resting for 3 days did. I think it was because I had my sorcerer cast mage armor on my wizard, so that it did not appear on the wizard's character-box below. Other spells seem to work such as fireball.

7. Sitra Achara

Thanks, I think it should be fixed in v1.0.72 (it seems like Florian had a similar issue already reported). Let me know if it repeats.

8. StrontiumDog

I was wondering, if my druid was in wild shape, does the augment summoning feat affect it? And if my druid is in wild shape, do spells like animal growth affect it? Thanks!

9. StrontiumDog

One other thing:- There are a few items in the game , like the lucky rabbit's foot in Icewind Dale 2, which do not show any benefits per se, but which are very useful in the game. I recently found the unicorn ring, which was not as useful as it could have been, merely giving a plus to ac like a minor item. Are there any other unusual items like that which give concealed bonuses? If so, what exactly do they provide re increased stats etc.?

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Am I wrong in assuming the WarMage class recently added to Temple + can wear light armor and still cast spells without suffering arcane spell failure?

That's how I'm reading the description, yet when my war mage in leather armor with a light wooden shield attempts to cast she suffers a 15% spell failure chance.

Am I not understanding the class right?

Any feedback welcome.

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Perhaps you need to pick up this feat for your WarMage @sirchet.

12. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Light armor and light shields shouldn't cause arcane spell failure on Warmages. Source.

13. Seravin

Seravin Member

Hi all - Loving Temple+ (along with Co8 new content) - I saw from the patch notes about Wall of Fire being added, but I can't find this spell for sale anywhere and I don't see it listed as a spell when I level up my wizard/sorcerer. Can anyone point me where to find the scroll?

14. StrontiumDog

I had failed to read some of the readmes re Co8 and my previous CTDs have greatly reduced once I deleted most of my savegames. However, I do not seem able to upload the most recent savegame file to this website as it does not recognise it even if zipped. My current problem seems to be that my wizard character does not display multiple images once it casts mirror-image. My sorcerer character also had the same problem except that, after resting a full day, it no longer had this problem. I was wondering:- if it states that the character casrs mirror-image in the dialog box, does this mean that the mirror-image spell has been cast and is active despite the wizard not showing multiple images?

Also, I have neglected adding craft weapon etc. feats to my characters as I believe such feats should be automatically added to my PCs as soon as they reach the appropriate level. I also do not approve of reducing my xp for creating magic items. Would it be possible for me to create a 1st level LG cleric and a 1st level CG wizard and then add extra levels to them until they can create the magic items I need before Verbobonc, and then remove them?

15. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Hey Allyx, A Warmage comes with Warmage Armored Mage.

Here's the description from the character sheet under feats;

Our Host!