LFG - Who wants to play online Pathfinder?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sirchet, Feb 7, 2019.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Like I've said already, I don't have much experience with Roll20, but from all the podcasts I listen to, many of which use Roll20, they all also seem to use Herolab or D&D Beyond as well to maintain their characters, certain streams mention macros which I assume the GM or Players must configure manually, I know Fantasy Grounds has all of that built in, plus Syrinscape can be used to add sound effects to your game.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  2. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

I may be interested in joining some game @Allyx runs. I'm part of a Saturday D&D 3.5 game that may soon be in flux.

3. Allyx

If we can get enough people interested in playing, I can GM some Pathfinder Society games, 4 to 5 hour long adventures, I'd like to look into setting up our own Pathfinder Lodge so I can award any boons earned by the players (small buffs and unusual player options, playable races etc...) and you guys could also use the characters at conventions or other Pathfinder Society games etc...

4. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

I've never done Pathfinder Society, but I played RPGA for Living Greyhawk last decade. My concern with organized play is that the modules felt generally less interesting and more like 22 minute TV episodes than full adventures.

I have a significant amount of Roll20 macro experience, but I've never GMed. At least Roll20 has a free Pathfinder character sheet modifiable to be used with D&D 3.x.

5. Allyx

Both adventure paths and society play have advantages and disadvantages, IF a group of players here can commit to a regular gaming schedule for an extended time period, I'm not opposed to running an AP, however, I think Society play would work better in this format because it opens up the opportunity for other players to step in when someone can't be available for a game.

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

FGII is set up to accommodate many different rule sets and has even incorporated the rule books into their frame work. Also, you can purchase the books directly through FGII so they are easily accessible in game.

Here's a few of the rule sets that are covered that I am aware of:

Rolemaster
    W.O.I.N.
    SAVAGEWORLDS
    DeadLands
    Mutants & Masterminds
    Call of Cthulhu
    Castles & Crusades
    13th AGE
    Pathfinder
    Starfinder
    Traveller

Click on the name and you should be taken to the FGII page for that rule set. ;)

Allyx, thanks for the invite for Saturdays. I'll have to think on it, the Mrs likes to drag me places on Saturdays. ;)

7. Allyx

You can add D&D 3.5, 4th ed and 5th ed to that list Sirchet.

Also, I finally splashed out for the Ultimate Licence in Fantasy Grounds yesterday so I can run games for anyone with a free Demo Fantasy Grounds account now, I also set up a method of running Syrinscape through the Co8 Discord channel to get sound effects running directly into the voice communications channel itself, I just need to configure the sounds to the triggering actions within Fantasy Grounds itself to get that working.

sirchet likes this.
  8. sirchet

Hey Allyx, being that we were discussing DnD I purposely left it off the list. ;)

The campaign I've been playing in for the last two years is a 3.5/5e mix.

9. Allyx

So... somewhere between lots of rules and next to no rules? Sounds like a nightmare. :eek:

10. sirchet

Heh heh, then add a sadistic DM with a vivid imagination and you have the campaign that fills every other Friday night for seven people that rejoice in surviving another session with "The Iceman", (our DM).

Last night's session;

Player banished to The Nine Hells ..................................................... check
    Player trapped in a force cage ........................................................... check
    Airborne mist that gives Divine spells a 50% failure chance ............. check

11. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I've tried Society play via Myth Weavers play by post, and it was unsatisfying. Maybe it was just the random group I ended up with, but the scenario felt very limited too.

Our Host!