So, TemplePlus exists.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Feb 29, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Sometimes I make a poor choice of feats, and would like the option of replacing a feat with another one, rather than just adding more feats to the PC. Not a big deal though.

2. florian1

Is there any chance of implementing the more advanced Globe of Invulnerability spells: globe of invulnerability and greater globe of invulnerability? Would seem appropriate for the new content portion of ToEE.

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

No, not anytime soon from me at least, my plate is full. With my newborn son, no less :)

4. florian1

Congratulations!

And thanks for all you've done with temple+!

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Post pic's in the Cam Ho's thread or it didn't happen... J/K Congrats dude. :D

6. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Congrats Sitra! It never gets any easier, just different as they grow older...

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

See, that's what happens when we don't pay close attention ... (they reproduce). :p Just kidding.

Welcome to the world of parenthood SA, may you have many fond memories of your free time for it has now passed.

8. Allyx

Are you referring to bugs in the code? Or the modders attempting to fix them? ;)

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

10. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

I was reading that using the console often led to errors. Does it matter which console commands are used? For example, the give (item code) command seems rather minor in that it just introduces an item into the game without changing things that much. Would the give item-code command be OK to use? Also, is using the dungeon master option of temple+ also a danger to the game like using the console? Thanks. it is just that I played through in the past using the TCE character editor and often found issues that, sadly appeared very late in the game.

11. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

In Temple+ the give command has been made safe - it will check that the item you're trying to create actually exists. You can also use the cheats menu to get a preview of what it'll spawn so you don't get something else by mistake.

The DM is also safe to use.

12. StrontiumDog

Thanks, that's reassuring.

13. StrontiumDog

Well, I tried modding Temple+/TOEE and it did not work. Having put the toee extract exe file etc. in the toee folder I tried using the command line/running as administrator with the tpgamefiles.dat folder but the PC refused to recognise the command. Perhaps I should just use regular, boring nonhuman/human PCs with stats resembling drow/duergar etc., by using the temple+ dungeon master. After all, later on in the game, there are so many items mimicking the drow spell resistance etc. anyway. That is another reason why I do not believe in an ECL penalty.

14. Allyx

@StrontiumDog What you want to do is copy the TOEE.dat files, put them in a new folder with ToEEextract (there are 5 in total, 4 in the root folder, one in the modules folder) then drag and drop those .dat files onto the ToEEextract.exe one at a time. It will then create a folder for each .dat file and extract the contents into one of those folders.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  15. StrontiumDog

I suppose I must be a bit slow re this issue. Well, I am a technophobe to some extent. I downloaded the toeextract zipped folder and put all files in the TOEE folder and tried to activate the toeextract exe file but nothing happened. Using the command line also got an error, so ...

Our Host!