How do you get into those magically held doors!!?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Shani, Dec 28, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shani

Shani Member

There are 4 of them on level 3( I believe) in that chamber that has all of the locked doors, and they are magically held, how do you get into them?

Thx U!

Shani

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

You can't unless you use Dimension Door and you don't have to because there's nothing behind those Magically Held doors. In the original PnP module they were meant to keep Zuggtmoy imprisoned but serve no such function in the CRPG adaptation.

3. Badsirbrian

Badsirbrian Member

I think with reactive temple mod on one of the earth priests is temporarily located behind one of the magic doors before you walk up on the walls they erect to keep you out of the temple area before you talk to them and go through the dialogue. I "cheated" and used dimension door to foil part of the encounter and killed him first, otherwise there isn't going to be anything behind those doors. I can understand your question, I messed with that for awhile too and tried everything to open them.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@Badsirbrian Wow, your Threadomancy breaks all Co8 records, animating a 15 year old dead thread takes a considerably large GP value of Onyx. ;)

GuardianAngel82 likes this.
  5. Badsirbrian

Badsirbrian Member

LOL, II thought it was at the end of the threads, not the beginning 15 years ago...only saw the date after I posted it and was like DOH! I had just messed with those doors just like that guy did so it was still fresh in my mind.

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

:D I read your post, then saw the quote, and thought "Zhuge? He's not been around for a long while", then saw the date of the post above. Mistakes happen, but the reactive temple mod is way after Zhuge's hay day here.

Our Host!