skimpytemple mod

Discussion in 'Models, Animations, and Particle Effects' started by Badsirbrian, Oct 29, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. Badsirbrian

Badsirbrian Member

I created a file called skimpytemple.zip with my custom .tga meshes and posted it on moddb for anyone who is interested. Right now it is mostly applicable to human females, I haven't gone through the other races yet. The readme.txt lists the skins/meshes which includes updating the female nude model, updated several female armors, mystic garb silk and cloak of elvenkind becomes transparent, cloak of arachnidia has artwork modified, and I changed some of the hair into gradients/different shades.

This should work with CO8 8.1.0 NC, and has no dependencies...all it does is put in an overrides folder under the main folder and the game will use the new meshes..thanks to icydemon for his mod which showed me how to do this. Should work fine with or without his or other mods as I did not modify any .mes or other core files.

WARNING: Contains nudity

https://www.moddb.com/games/the-temple-of-elemental-evil/addons/skimpytemple

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@Badsirbrian That seems to be a really small mod... hardly worth bothering ModDB with at all, you can post small .zip files of mods directly on Co8's forum posts.

4. Badsirbrian

Badsirbrian Member

Ok, i will. I just updated it with version 2 which does have over 300 new meshes and includes all 4 races and has things like race specific tattoos. I didnt see where to upload it here is why i put it on moddb. They still havent bothered authorizing version 1 ao sounds like you are right on that being too small potatoes i guess but i put version 2 out there anyways
    ... https://www.moddb.com/games/the-temple-of-elemental-evil/addons/skimpytemple2#downloadsform

...edit: moddb has authorized my V2 of the mod shortly after posting this.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  5. Badsirbrian

Badsirbrian Member

I am getting "file size is too large" when choosing upload a file here in this thread. The original was 1.32MB and v2 is only 13.3 MB so idk why it won't work other than my account status is just member and is new. I lost my old account info from like 7 or 8 years ago and just made a new one recently.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  6. Allyx

I think the forum requires uploads to be under 1 MB, did you compress the files into a .zip file? Also bare in mind you could also upload it to Onedrive.com and share links to it for free.

7. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Or, just leave it on moddb ;)

8. Badsirbrian

Badsirbrian Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Its well over 1MB and is a .zip V2 I guess was deemed worthy and authorized by moddb in only a few hours and v1 is gone. If there is any interest feel free to use some of the .tga files in it like the race specific rune tattoos for the elfs, orcs, and dwarfs for any future co8 mods like IWD. Some of it I realize might be excessive for normal use but it was more of an exercise if seeing if I could do it and make it look good more than anything. I think the various temple robes turned out as my favorite out of all of it.

9. Badsirbrian

Badsirbrian Member

I didn't include it in the mod but I also was playing around with some of isometric art in the game and redid the night version of the nulb brothel, like putting in a pole on the stage at night :) I can now see how much of a pain it is to match the background between tiles. For the outside, I took a picture of a shelby cobra neon sign and added an easy rider babe to make a custom "magical" neon sign for the snakepit outside.

Attached Files:

10. Allyx

@Badsirbrian map editting is infinitely easier if the maps are first recombined into a single image first, ToEE World Builder has this function built in, you can combine the maps, edit as you see fit and split the map again into tiles.

11. Badsirbrian

Badsirbrian Member

Ok, will try, sounds familiar now that you mention it. I DL all of the WB and dev tools but got lost trying to sort out all the details with sectoring, python, etc...and spent the last month on the reskin project instead. I definitely wanted to try a new module, higher level encounters after verbobonc or maybe one of the old campaigns I used to run, or even something like ravenloft or undermountain. If there was an easy GUI interface I would have produced new content long ago, but it looks like it is pretty hard to make new stuff. I guesss thats why co8 ceased updates, kotb is incomplete and only a demo of iwd out there.

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I moved these posts to a separate thread in this forum, since the topic doesn't have directly to do with the original it was posted in.

Our Host!