Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Allyx, Oct 19, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

A new ToEE-like game has recently been put up on Kickstarter, it uses the 3.5 D&D rule set as per the SRD and from the screenshots, seems to use a hex based grid instead of a square grid, the graphics don't look bad, and it will ship with a full set of dev tools from the get go.

They seem to have already raised 1/3rd of the Kickstarter target after the first 3 days, I am looking forward to seeing this project reach fruition.

You can support the Kickstarter yourself here.

Oleg Ben Loleg likes this.
  2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

It's also from the developers of Chaos Chronicles. I backed this, it's probably the closest we'll get to a modern ToEE.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

This looks really nice and it would seem they have many of the game assets installed and functioning.

4. oudeis

oudeis Member

I don't know if it's just the videa, but the colors look really washed-out and insipid. One of the things I love about both ToEE and the current generation of isometrics is the rich visual palette and from what they are showing us this really suffers in comparison.

5. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I just wanted to support the game but th side asked for my bank account data which I am reluctant to pass on the web anywhere. I had hoped to support via Pay Pal.

6. daveyd

daveyd Member

I pledged for this game on day one. Looks fantastic to me. If they can match the quality of ToEE's combat I'll be happy. I also hope for decent story and quest design but since they're releasing it with the editor / toolset so hopefully many modders will also make adventures for it.

To pledge directly through Kickstarter you either have to use a credit or debit card. You can apparently use those prepaid debit cards (i.e, "Visa gift card", but your giftcard must have at least $1 more than the amount you want to pledge because they place temp holds on it.

Anyway, the developers have said they will open up Paypal pledges but they have to wait until the goal is officially reached on Kickstarter first. so you can just wait for that.

7. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Thanks for your reply. I just found out that PayPal charges too much. That is a good enough reason not to accept it in this case. I will probably use (abuse) ;) the credit card of my wife in this case.

8. sirchet

RetconRaider has made a video of this game that he's been following since the beginning. I appreciate his direct and informative approach to reviews and gaming news.

Here's a link to the VIDEO

daveyd likes this.
  9. daveyd

daveyd Member

Well they've officially met their funding goal with 3 days left to work towards stretch goals.

Btw, one of their recent updates had a preview of the toolset.

10. sirchet

The toolset looks rather polished.

Thanks for sharing the link.

11. andysks

andysks Member

I agree the toolset looks good from the little that can be seen in the video. Especially the building which doesn't require a new area transition to go into. The only thing that makes me being sceptical is how they handle scripting. This is the only reason I don't mod Divinity Original Sin, and one of many reasons people like to mod Neverwinter Nights 1,2.

12. sirchet

Good to see you're still around Andy. :)

13. andysks

andysks Member

Hi sirchet :). I will always come back to all modding forums. Can't live without, no matter how life pushes me away from time to time.

sirchet likes this.
  14. war3069

war3069 Member

Looks freegin' awesome.

Our Host!