Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Not Dead Yet

I've got perhaps a stupid question. There are 63 pages in this thread. I see on page 1 there is a hotfix posted for a bug. How many hotfixes exist for bugs present in 8.1? Is there a place to get them all together?

2. VNKylan271

VNKylan271 Member

We have to get Admin to check the thread, check issues and see if we can make an updated Co8 with fixes.

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

A new update probably wouldn't be a terrible idea, a lot of work for not a lot of benefit perhaps. Personally I'm uncertain where all the latest updates are located, Co8 is somewhat haphazard in that respect.

You may want to check out Temple+ for a more convenient pack of bug fixes, that project works both independently of and in conjunction with Co8 8.1.0 and fixes many bugs not covered by Co8 patches currently.

I personally also use the mod posted in a thread here titled "I'm Participating" I think the mod is on page 7-ish it fixes high level domain spell assignments and adds a number of new spells as well, be sure to grab the fixed versions of the Vigour spells in the same thread.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  4. VNKylan271

VNKylan271 Member

Yeah...a more convenient compilation of fixes would be useful. Rather than scattered everywhere. Temple plus does not work on my PC even though w10. Has issues with some programs and software

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Co8 doesn't formally advocate for or represent any mods/fixes that aren't in an official patch of ours, so the latest patch is the limit of what we're actually behind. There's a Mod Submissions thread in General Modification where modders are supposed to submit mods for consideration. Users are of course free to download and install any of these mods and any others they wish, but we don't support them formally.

I suppose there's always a chance we could update the patch someday, but that's a job that's never done once you open it up, and personally I'm pretty happy with where 8.1's at anyway.

6. VNKylan271

VNKylan271 Member

Fair enough. I understand your workload. Only concern being how to compile the unofficial patches in one place, if modders don't submit them into the correct place. Sorting through all the threads is a nightmare.

7. Badsirbrian

Badsirbrian Member

I have found a couple of quest bugs in Verbobonc. I did a search first and didn't see them mentioned so sorry if this is already known. If IWD is more important at this point and these stay broken, I totally understand.

First is the moathouse respawn. If you go back to the moathouse after getting the notice in V, but enter through the cave exit location on the map, the trigger that repopulates the moathouse with the new baddies will not happen. It only will trigger when you exit out of the moathouse to the courtyard. Not a big deal but doesn't seem like that would be too hard to fix.

Second is the quest for the 3 fugitives. After you slay Zut you get the beginning of Verbobonc. After the Zut encounter you naturally need to heal up and get spells after leveling up etc... if you go to the nicer inn to rest you encounter the half orc gunter upstairs and the dialog mentions the captain, etc... even if you never entered city hall, read the board, etc....wouldn't make much sense to someone who hasn't played it a dozen times like myself.

A third possible bug is the ogre cave... if you convince them to leave for the temple but come back later they are still there. They never leave. Idk if that was intentional and they are just lying but you can go through the dialog again like you never met and they still stay there. Once you reach the level to get to V they are pretty easy pickings so easy EXP, but seems like a trigger or something is missing for them to move out of the cave to the TOEE. A suggestion would be to increase the difficulty of the encounter once Verbobonc is unlocked.

None of these are gamebreaking so no big, thanks for all of the extra content, hopefully one day we will get more high level encounters to enjoy like this.

8. VNKylan271

VNKylan271 Member

Yeah. The ogre cave recruits don't move after recruiting to the Temple. Could just be an oversight in the original set up.

I have not reached Verb to see the other bugs

9. makoowca

makoowca Member

Hello. I have one problem.
    After first visit in Temple when i back to Homlet, Brother Smyth start talking with mi. Dialog box open is empty and no ther is no answers in my side of dialog box.

How to deal with that Bug or mayby you now console comand to manualy close dialog box.

10. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

I usually just click on the box a couple of times. then check your inventory

11. VNKylan271

VNKylan271 Member

Happened to me also. He usually rewards you with armour. The dialogue has not been fixed for it yet?

12. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

It has been fixed. I brought it up a while ago. I don't remember where the fix is in this post but it is there.

13. VNKylan271

VNKylan271 Member

Oh I had no idea. I have to look around for it.

Thanks for the heads up.

14. messedup

I am running through TOEE using Co8 modpack 8.1 new content. I am trying to get the xp amounts for groups of 5 to 8 for level 1...It is tough at times. I am now doing a group of 6 and noticed a problem...Or not...I tried to do the "one bride for one player quest" and I was using 5 psc. TOEE front end was set at 7 pc and 1 npc. I got the cleric from the church and went to complete the quest (saving before the cleric so I can keep the total of 6. I couldn't complete the quest due to I could only have 1 npc (like mentioned in the TOEE front end. I switched to 5 pc and 3 npcs and it worked. Is this supposed to happen?

15. messedup

Same setup and instead of trying to run 8.1 new content, I tried to run the vanilla TOEE. I went to complete the woodcutters quest. I couldn't get back into Hommlet. Yes that is after activating just TOEE. Also noticed the black wizard hats and one other thing (can't remember it right now) didn't show the hat or the item. You may want to look into this or it could just be me.

Our Host!