Sorcerer levelup problem

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gregory, Mar 11, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gregory

Gregory Member

Hi all,
    Currently, i'm playing the GOG version of the game and i have a single class sorcerer in my party, with a level of 13. She reached the ammount of XP for level 14 (91000), but i'm unable to carry out the levelling up actually, cause on the new spells tab, there's an empty field, what the game somehow doesn't allow to fill in, with anything. This way, i can't complete the levelup, only if i decide to choose a second class for my sorcerer.
    I find this behaviour pretty weird, so my question is, is it still normal, that the highest sorcerer level must stay under 14 (i doubt it tbh.), or could you offer me some solution?
    The whole thing in question, looks like this:

[​IMG]

Thank in advance for the kind help.

2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I'm not sure why you're not seeing level 7 spells, but have you tried filling it in with a lower level spell?

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Did you install a Co8 mod? If so which one?

It looks like you have only the Troika written 6th level spells available to you too, Co8 have added many more higher level spells for all spellcasting classes.

4. Gregory

Gregory Member

Thank you for your answers. I didn't explicitly let you know, that my installation is a stock GOG one, though, the latest one, with ofc. integrated official patches, but w/o any type of the CO8 mod (at least for now). I also forgot to mention, that i applied Drifter's V1 humble NPC on temple.dll (even though, i didn't recruit any NPCs yet :D), before starting a new game, but i don't think, it has anything to do with this issue tbh.. Anyways, as far, as i know, lower level spells should be available, for populating higher level spell slots, isn't it? I guess yes, since until this point, i was able to do so and that's why i don't have any clue of the cause, why this happens this time.

5. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

You can't use lower level spells to fill higher level slots like a Wizard. So that's the source of your problem. The level-up process is waiting for you to pick a seventh level spell, and they don't exist.

A quick workaround is to temporarily lower you charisma to 16, so you can't use seventh level spells. Then when you level up, you won't be offered a seventh level spell slot to fill. Then afterwards put your charisma back to where it as.

Put your Sorcerer in the first slot at the bottom, remove any charisma-boosting magic items, then type this into the console:

Code:
    game.party[0].stat_base_set(stat_charisma,16)
    After leveling up, repeat the code, but replace the 16 with your original charisma.

Gregory likes this.
  6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The higher level spells were all added by the Co8 patches, the standard GoG version doesn't contain the higher level spells because Troika didn't write them, we did. Troika didn't need to write them because they also put in a level 10 cap - thus players aren't supposed to exceed 10th level.

If you want to complete your current run through, follow @marc1967's instructions above, otherwise if you want the higher level spells, install one of our latest modpacks 8.1.0, either the standard or new content version (your preference, though I recommend the new content for high level adventuring) and consider also using Temple+ available from ModDB.com to further enhance your game.

Gregory likes this.
  7. Gregory

Gregory Member

Thank you @marc1967 and @Allyx, the code for setting charisma temporary, worked perfectly.
    For getting exactly the same result, what i needed, i also added a level 6 spell to the single - originally - empty level 7 slot, with the following code:
    Code:
    game.party[X].spell_known_add( nSpellIdx, nClassCode, nSpellLevel )
    in my case:
    Code:
    game.party[1].spell_known_add( 227, 16, 7 )
    and it's effect was like this:
    [​IMG]

Our Host!