Druid/assassin

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ertury92, Feb 9, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. ertury92

ertury92 Member

Hi guys! :D What do you think of druid assassin concept?Do you think is doable or at least decent?How would you build a such character and would you take advantage of wild shape to sneak attack?I'm pretty curios about your opinions :)

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I wouldn't have thought those classes would mesh terribly well, Druid spells use Wisdom, Assassin spells use Intelligence so you'd need Int 14 to get all Assassin spell levels available and at least 15 Wis for Druid spells, at level 20 this would limit your Druid to 5th level spells, there is also some overlap in the assassin spells that druids gain automatically: Pass Without Trace, Cat's Grace, Spider Climb, Obscuring Mist, Detect Poison, Jump, Freedom of Movement, Poison.

3. ertury92

ertury92 Member

I could afford a high wis,medium int and high dex/str if dumping a bit cha and con,however.I saw spell overlapping but I'm not concerned.I'm trying to figure out how the concept makes sense from a rp point of view and if sneak attack and wild shape sinergize well together or not.XD

4. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

From a RP standpoint a druid/rogue works better and you do get the sneak attack. I like using Panther wildshape myself for sneak attack;)

5. crhallen

crhallen Toee addict Supporter

what do you mean panther wildshape? have i been missing out on something? although creative, in the spirit of the Druid class, they would have no interest in being a hired killer, its not very neutral

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Druids are required to be at least partially neutral, and with overall balance in mind, that means for every neutral good Druid, there should also be a neutral evil one.

Where a neutral good Druid might use his nature based magic and animal companions to benefit and protect rural communities from unnatural/evil creature incursions, a neutral evil druid would seek to reclaim the land for the animals, driving off loggers or anyone damaging the forest's animal inhabitants and the local ecosystem in general.

Assassins are required only to be evil, so a Druid Assassin could happen. Perhaps he has taken it upon himself to take down those in charge of the logging firms, or the mining company responsible for making his locale inhospitable or uninhabitable to the animal denizens of the region, in the hope that 'cutting the head off of the snake' would deter others from continuing this destructive act.

Our Host!