TOEE xp

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by kylan271, Aug 28, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

A query about the TOEE xp-CR-Lvl tables. I have seen them floating around here,but can't find them in the files. In NWN game it was in the protos files if I recall? I looked at the TOEE files but can't see?

Is there a xp-lvl file here or is it hardcoded?

In addition how to mod the CR-Creature data,as have a 4HD Skeleton Guards with CR-1??? Huh?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
    Phillip

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The CR of creatures isbset in data/rules/protos.tab use worldbuilder or ProtoEd to edit it as the file is a huge table that is prone to corruption if edited incorrectly.

CR -1 is the games way of interpreting CR 1/2. CR -2 is CR 1/3, CR -3 is CR 1/4, CR -4 is CR 1/8 I think, and CR -5 gives no XP at all.

If you are refering to the Skeleton Guards in Emridy Meadows by the rainbow rock, they were added by Livonya as oart of her mod, they aren't meant to comply with the rules and people here are a bit funny about altering other modders work.

There is a file that limits XP awards to -40% of their true value and another file that sets XP base awards per CR to the correct values. I can gind the exact names if need be, but they are either in your data/rules folder or data/mes folder.

3. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

I appreciate the swift response Bro.

I am aware of combat_vars for xp reduction. My concern was the CR to XP table which I think Gaer showed in Co8 mod guide. It lists the level and xp gained for defeating an enemy of 'x' CR. I have no idea where it is found? I do not know the other file that sets xp to correct values?

Whilst at it,how to standardize quest rewards since you are also doing IWD? As in TOEE i get more xp for a Lazlo relationship or killing the lowly Lich than getting a giants head! If skill based-it is xp per % out of 20 of success or level/hd of creature defeated/20-max level? So if 1000xp/quest 1HD creature gives 50xp. Or diplomacy 16 needed=800xp,as you need about level 8 to get that? i know the quest table but not sure how it works?

I did not know the Sk Guards were Liv's,in any event they are found elsewhere so mentioned them as a normal skeletons are CR-1,so thought a mistake?

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The quest XP is based off of the same CR system, the file you are looking for (again is in either the data/rules or data/mes folder) and simply lists 2 sets of numbers in brackets like this {1}{2} the first number is the quest number as referenced in other files, the second number is the CR awarded to that task.

As for the question of the giants head quest, I'd say the act of killing the giant itself granted more XP than Lazlo's quest did many times over, do you really need another big XP payout twice for the same act?

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Re. CR vs. Xp table
    It's pretty faithful to tabletop rules, which are reflected in this calculator:

http://www.d20srd.org/extras/d20encountercalculator/

Except that in normal ToEE it caps the ECL at 10. Temple+ extends the table to higher levels, you can see the calculation in xp.cpp (see the github page).

Our Host!