*sigh* I feel so defeated.....

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by DaveWomble, Aug 24, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. DaveWomble

DaveWomble Member

so every time I play thru this game I get to 2nd or 3rd level of Temple and my game saves go corrupt and I start over, (this will be time #8 or9)following all of the suggestions and disclaimers etc mentioned throughout forums....well it happened again last night. Had saved game, tried loading, corrupt. Exited out of game completely and shut my laptop down as normal (again feeling very defeated and pissed off) and called it a night. So now, today, I went to go back and see if I had a salvageable recent game. Right click on modpack icon, run as admin, allow access, main front end screen loads, I click play, screen goes black and stays that way. I let it sit for 10 minutes like that, since load times and lag and screen freezes often last minutes but nothing. And I couldn't escape, windows desktop key or cntrl alt delete out of it had to manually reboot. Tried the whole process 3 times. Nada. What the hell happened?

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

No clue mate, I've not heard of anyone else ever having as much bad luck with this game as you dude.

Are you able to zip up your corrupt save and attach it to a post in this thread so someone can take a look at it?

Persomally, I would first upload the save, then simply delete the game and start over right from the beginning.

Install the game to C:\ToEE, Install Atari Patch 1, Atari Patch 2 and Co8 8.1.0 NC, download the save you uploaded and see if it works, failing that start another new game and see if it happens again.

Which Anti-virus software are you running btw? It's unlikely that your AV is the cause of the problem, but ToEE is on the shitlist of a lot of AV programs for no good reason so it's worth asking anyway.

3. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Interesting, and I thought the Gremlins Hated just me:(. The only time I have had that many saved game corruptions is with the Unpatched original ToEE game or with new content WITHOUT the patches(all 3 even thou you are not supposed to need all 3)

4. DaveWomble

DaveWomble Member

I run advanced system care/IObit malware fighter free editions. I'm getting ready as I write this to uninstall everything ToEE related and start fresh.

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Please zip up your corrupt save and upload it first. We may just discover why you are experiencing these problems.

6. XVicious

XVicious Established Member

Are running intel chipset?
    buy AMD pc's work better problem solved.
    get better video integration memory.

does you machine get very hot way to often?

try running TOEE with only one core if multi cored system.

Rocheteau likes this.
Our Host!