Romag missing

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by TomBac, Aug 18, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. TomBac

TomBac Member

Hello lads,in running Co8 New content mod.

Please im stuck. Romag just isnt in room. Ok i went for all questing for each of one temple leaders. So the quest log is on 3 round of tasks from: Fire temple leader, and mentioned quest for Romag, Water temple leader.

Ok i did kill 3 leaders (FIre temple, air temple and i killed Water temple leader last) from lvl 2 atm.
    Is it posible that game have bug at this point. Or i simply messed the chance?. Romag just isnt in room.

Not sure if i could advance story line anymore. Anyone have a clue?

Anyway: Im running awesomely 8 lvl party atm. Destroyer squad.!!

2x fighter/barb - 6/2 - Greater Cleave. 1 wielding Holy sword (hmmm. was ready to upgrade to holy avenger (like my version).
    2. girl is wielding Frost Brand (Great sword +3, frost d6, also ready to upgrade)

1x Bard/rogue: 4/4, high intelligence heroism buffer, map maker. Have temple map and can teleport through temple
    Diplomacy, Sense Motive- +14 score-

7 lvl druid- Craft weapons and arm.

8 lvl cleric- Craft weapons and arm.

8 lvl sorcerer- Elementalist - Craft weapons and arm.

9 lvl wizard- Enchanter Burne - Craft weapons and arm.

It would be hard to dump lvls down to make things right if possible. Hmm..

Thanks for any kind of answer/solving problem!

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I'm not sure if this was part of the Reactive Temple mod, I know the Earth Temple guy retreats into the large room with the 4 large chests and Earth Elementals if you take too long taking down the temple... my game got bugged there once in the corridor, I had a never ending stream of spawning bugbears and elementals coming at me one way, and a non-opening stone door the other. The fight was glorious apart from the fact I didn't survive it.

TomBac likes this.
  3. TomBac

TomBac Member

Yes, they retreat to the Earth oltar. There are stone barrier doors. Strange thing that only nearest to barrier could actually damage the damn thing have cca 270 above hp. So i suggest use muscle. Annnddd the battle was glorious, and event worth of a bards tale. The Lords of land keeps it in their records. Only powerful sages have written word. (rp and that).

27 opponents. Around 5 Earth Elementals, Guards using rage potions. (Im sorry forget to mention Elmo) in post before)).
    3 fighters, ended up on 5, 12, 7 hp. (elmo was rescued 2x just so he don't die, since rise dead costs 2000 xp (freaking a lot, but subject doesn't loose lvl). Whole Spells repertoire from 4 Spell casters (1,5 healers - do to druids weaker healing power). 11 fireballs, 2 icestorms, 1 lightning bolt.
    The trick is to use corridor before room. Position fighters in triangle, so that every bersaker needs to suffer AoO from great cleave characters.

Clerics don't go out of room, so torch the damn area until everybody die. Awesome awesome fight!! Worth it!

Just hope that i could finish the game.

But other sources on net (Sorcs palace) said that i can still enter Nodes (at least form written guide there) and Sanctuary,
    so i have decided to destroy everything.

Still if anyone other have opinion, please i have few days of cleaning. And tnx Allyx for rep.

4. Allyx

I believe the other temples are also reactive, so expect at least a couple more mass battles on level 2 of the temple, glad you're enjoying the Co8 mods.

5. TomBac

TomBac Member

Yeah, cleaning lvl 2 atm. Will post just so let ya know. Tnx. Yeah awesome engine. Really if the engine could be used to develop FR. That would be freaking awesome. And think ppl would buy mods. Think maybe butheads from Wizards of the Coast, legally wold something against it.
    Lala, aaa 3,5 sistem, we have marketed v5, bla bla bla..

6. Allyx

We are converting Icewind Dale to use the ToEE engine at the moment, the final demo version is available to download now (be sure to use the patch 1 addon too).

Plus we also have the Keep on the Borderlands mod nearing completion.

7. TomBac

TomBac Member

Yay, great!

8. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

There are FIVE massed battle areas on level 2:eek:

TomBac likes this.
  9. TomBac

TomBac Member

Lvl 2 cleaned! All enemies have been destroyed. As paladins would say: Evil is banished! All items at possession.
    Almost whole 8 lvl of experience. Interesting thing that guards was ready to lay down their weapons, even dialog starts.
    But... well evil needs to be purified. Greatest xp was at when temple activates guards. cca 1400 xp. And have won at 3 try.
    Not easy fight at all. Hasted, blured, prayered, barskined, inspire courage fighters, with improved critical do the job awesome. Like 3 stikes, 3 crits, around 30-40 dmg per hit.

10. TomBac

TomBac Member

Female bugbears: 1 strike = kill

Our Host!