Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

In Europe, in the post-Roman, pre-fuedal period, militia were often manned by untrained farmers who simply brought farming tools to fight with. For example, a scythe blade could be detached, rotated 90 degrees so that it extended straight ahead instead of to the side, then reattached.

2. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

I am using the GOG version of TOEE and the new content modpack. Has anyone noticed that if you take a magic item from the game, upgrade it (like the holy sword from Meleny's father), and sell it, you get about 124,000 gold (+3, lawful, holy, keen). Then if you take a masterwork item like a rake and you put the same things on it, and sell it, you only get about 62,000 gold. Shouldn't they be the same amount with the same things on them? This happens with the rake, shovel, composite long bows, and the other masterwork items I have made magical.

3. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I have noticed that a number of magical weapons that one can find or loot are not always given the same value as other weapons with the identical enhancements, but lower value, as if the value of one or more enhancements on the weapon are ignored.

4. messedup

It also depends on where you sell them. If you sell magic swords at the leather workers shop, it will be less than if you sold it at the church, blacksmith, or the tower. What I am saying is if you look at the prices at say the tower, you have different prices if you use an already magic item and upgrade it as opposed to a masterwork item that you upgrade from scratch.

5. florian1

I realize that, but I am talking about selling two identically enhanced items to the same vendor, and getting a different price for each.

6. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

You mean like selling 2 long Composite Bows +3,Holy,speed and only getting 1gp for one of them? (yes I had that happen)

7. DeadFish'sEye

DeadFish'sEye Member

I was playing the New Content version of co8 and found that I am able to buy a bonus feat with a fighter (which should happen only in the even level, e.g. 2th, 4th, 6th, ...) whenever I can buy a feat, accodingly to the standard level progression (3th, 6th, 9th, ...). Thus, the fighter, in the levels 3, 9, and 15, can buy a bonus feat besides of the normal choices.

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

That's not a bug, that's a class feature. Every character gets feats every 3 levels, the fighter bonus feats every even level are in addition to those feats, but restricted to only combat based feats.

9. messedup

In the install instructions, you say to install into a directory right off the hard drive. I am using the GOG version and I have noticed that it has a folder called GOG and then the TOEE folder. It runs like that with no problems. I am trying to help people so they don't have very much in the problem department.

10. florian1

I believe DeadFish'sEye is saying that in their game, at 3rd, 9th, and 15th levels, the fighter is able to add two feats: a regular feat for every third level of progression, and a fighter bonus feat, which should not be happening.

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I have tried to reproduce this and couldn't, I was only offered 1 feat at 3rd, 9th and 15th level. I was testing with the IWD mod, but I haven't altered anything that would affect feat progression in any way.

12. DeadFish'sEye

DeadFish'sEye Member

That was how florian1 said. Sorry if I sounded confuse, since I am still learning to write in english, then feel free to correct me if I write something wrong.

How you tried to select the bonus feat, as a second feat? When I clicked with the right button of the mouse in the yellow feat it turned grey and after I finish the level up, the feat was in my list of owned feats.

13. Gubbie

Gubbie Member

in 8.1.0 new content, I can't finish the quest "what lies beneath". I've gotten three evidence(witness testimony, child locket & confession). But when I go to the guard(can't remember his name right now) and tell him I've solved the case and he asks for the evidence I can only end the conversation. I've tried it before rescuing the children and after, same result.
    I don't know if it's just my game or a bug in the quest

14. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

Using latest Co8 NC.

1. Shop inventory lacking for musical instruments limiting bard usage(unless you free Lareth huh?),or you buy all in start shop,but no masterwork. I suggest edit Hommlet inventory to include musical instruments in cabinet maker-normal and masterwork-after spider quest. perhaps An Fong?
    2. Generic items should also be altered as if you kill the traders,darn hard to regain.
    -Healers kit-Calmert.
    -Scribe kit-Burne.
    -Acid,Oil,Smoke stick,Lens,Eyeglass,Scales etc,also Burne and An Fong.
    3. Weapons. Sickle,lacking(useful for clerics),add to Backsmith and Otis(if omitted?). Spears and other wooden weapons add to cabinet maker,and not just blacksmith or trader please. Not everyone buys from start shop.

4...ROYAL ARMOUR is how much??? It cheap but I think typo,lacking a "0". Should be available for completing Prince quest,as more apt,or only available in Verbabonc? I love it,but overpowered for its abilities and cheap cost.

5. Aid someone does not work,and can't find any reference to its use in game?

6. I am aware of the Spot,Listen and Survival skills being used in random encounters,but specifically is that total per party or highest skill or only party leader? Secondly what help does give Listen and Spot in encounters,ie resting or entering a room with nasties? AFAIK it is only initiative in use,making these skills redundant??? I use skill points on these things,but not sure if any use?

Sorry for the absence from here,joys of real life...still appreciate your work here.

15. messedup

Just started to go through again with adding a sorcerer. I got a familiar like I do with all the people who can get them. I then looked up the sorcerer in the book (yes I still have it) and it said that familiars cost 100 gps. No money was taken when I got the familiar.

Our Host!