Who plays 'Barbie Doll' with their Characters

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by nunya fukinbiz, Jun 19, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. nunya fukinbiz

nunya fukinbiz Member

OK, so I know I can't be the only one. Early in the game, obviously, you wear what you get the most benefit from, but after a while some of the clothing and armor selections end up being vanity. For instance, I personally put silly hats on my characters. My rogue usually ends up with the Robin Hood looking 'jaunty' hat. My Wizard ends up wearing Zaxis' (sp?) sister's old clothing and the Troll Bone helm (though I did enchant it and rename it to 'Skull of my last Boyfriend' for her). My Fighter gets the coolest outfit. Senshock's robes are useless, but go so well with Hedrack's helm, boots and gloves that I couldn't resist. And, my Cleric gets the Water Temple robes (they go well with his eyes). Strangely, besides funky hats, I also tend to equip boots that would probably have sentimental value. After killing the gods, my characters wear their boots around. Somewhat insulting, but could you imagine the conversational value of wearing Iuz's boots, ("yea, I just took these off the last guy I killed. Do you guys want to give me all of your stuff now or did you still want to fight?"). Sadly the game doesn't take into account such things.

So, my question is: Does anyone else equip their characters with 'special' clothing?

NF

2. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Yup. I enjoy doing it from time to time. It's always fun to loot your enemy and parade around in the spoils of your victory. Here's hoping that I get to loot the corpses of "True Demons" in Hellgate: London when that game comes out so I can parade around in their outfits. HEhe.

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Yip, I do it, even managed to give her a haircut, and I like stealing boots, I think I got that off Nobby. Infact most of my modding involves the looks of the game.

4. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

I seem to recall getting both armor and spell resistance from those robes. Am I wrong?

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I think u have to be evilish, and there are better options (like +5 Wonder Woman bracelets).

I try and have my guys look stylish, but can't say I get too carried away - one thing though, I won't tolerate those ridiculous hats and robes wizards start with, and if that means some nekked wizards running around, well I just throw a cloak over them. I have been known to do the whole game in eye-of-flame cloaks for aesthetic value (well, until the end when I could 'cloak of resistance' in all directions)

Otherwise I try to coordinate all the boots gloves etc to be one colour: I suspect I am not the only one, and thats the push behind getting black elven boots n cloaks into the game. I can remember going back to the moathouse more than once just to get black boots n gloves off old moldering corpses outside Lareth's room for Meleny etc when they join.

In fact thigh-high boots and long black gloves is about all Meleny wears in my games... but I have said too much... :X

6. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Generally, my characters look more similar towards the end of the game rather than at the beginning...mainly due to crafting. Only the weapons & headgear tend to vary. The armor, cloaks, gloves, etc. all look identical. Of course, physical stature is sometimes a stand out as well, obviously. But I don't always bring halflings and dwarves along, either. Maybe next time, I'll go for an all small folk party...

7. Scorched_Earth

Scorched_Earth Established Member

i give my entire party mohawks

8. Excelsior

Excelsior Member

"Nunya Fukinbiz?"

Yeesh. :doh:

9. sam hall

sam hall Member

I know it's cliche but ALL my druids must have antlers.
    Gnomes and half-elves get blue/pink hair as do sorcerers.
    Dwarves are bald.
    CLothes: less is more.

I'm slightly neurotic.

10. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

that reminds me... where exactly is Zaxis' sister located? i never could find her... or maybe i just didn't keep him around long enough...

11. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Watchout for the little half-elf woman in the purple dress. She'll burn you bad. Fruella likes the barbarian helmet, it matches her personallity. Did you ever notice Burne has no boots? A rich wizard like him should wear nothing but the best. A well dressed party of great warriors is a must.

12. nunya fukinbiz

nunya fukinbiz Member

Zaxis' sister isn't really in the game that I know of. Down in the 4th level you find her clothes and a note to Zaxis saying she doesn't expect to live very long. So apparently she took off all of her clothing and accepted her fate in the buff. I guess that would give her a round or so of confusion when she popped out and streaked through the temple. Plus, naked people demand respect. Just imagine, if a 6'4" man came to your door and rang the doorbell, you would probably answer the door and talk to him. But if the same guy came to your door NAKED you would probably arm yourself and call the cops. Trust me I know. :yikes:

NF

13. Belgham

Belgham Member

Do tell :paranoid:

14. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

My current game involves one buffed-out fighter rogue, male, in monk robes and elven chain with a jaunty hat. Then there's four as-nude-as-can-be women PCs: 2 monks with their little monk boots, a cleric and a wiz (alright the wiz has a hat and black farmer's garb, but the cleric's in naught but what Pelor gave her!). Everybody's got +5 bracers and ammys of natural defense, so they live pretty well, and the wizzy's in back anyway. Then I've got Fruella with just a barbarian helm and Meleny doing what she can to cover herself up with a crossbow. :)

My save file is called "The Stud."

15. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Well if you like playing nakie, then in a couple of days (I hope) I might have a mod for you, 5 new sets of clothes/armour, I hope eveyone like black boots cos some outfits "require" black boots to get the look right.

Our Host!