[solved]Quick Question: Quest: Cure of Amii Item: Swamp Lotus

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by dragonalumni, Apr 6, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

Being in the same spot myself and after reading the really old threads:

http://www.co8.org/community/index.php?threads/cure-of-amii-help.5053/
    and
    http://www.co8.org/community/index.php?threads/swamp-lotus.3411/

I have a simple request could someone please tell me what is the
    code to complete this quest and or the item code for swamp lotus.

I'm not really a big fan quests you randomly just can't never complete and would rather just cheat code it and thought I have heaps of love for Co8, I think this quest would be just as good or better if it spawned commonly enough in random encounters or somewhere else, that old lady in Nulb for example could have one for sale. I realize this is a different idea than what the people in charge here have so excuse me. :)

(also I read something about it including "an" assassin but I killed the traders in Homlett so "that" asssassin will never spawn if it is "the" same one)

2. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

If you sell any of Lareth's stuff to the Traders before killing them you will get the Assassin encounter(which gives you Mithral Chain and a couple of nice swords)

dragonalumni likes this.
  3. dragonalumni

Well, them dudes got swift justice as soon as my group hit level 3 and from a role-playing perspective, who would be stupid enough to sell this kind of loot (unique evil cleric armor) to known spies (something you discover withing 20 minutes of starting a new game). In another run, if I still remember I will try it. "Hey buddy would you like to buy this used cloak of the flame cult"..

Let me put that into perspective, it's the same as purposely selling drugs to a cop and going across town to do it.

4. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

The link with the assassin is that he is 'activated' as a random encounter is certain conditions are met; there may be an issue that if the assassin encounter spawns on the map that the swamp lotus is supposed to be on then he 'overwrites' the swamp lotus, so you never find it (but if you aren't seeing the assassin, this is unlikely to be your issue).
    I can't help with legitimate findings of the swamp lotus, as I don't think I've ever managed it. I have to say I've rather given up on it, and tend not to bother activating the quest. I rarely visit Jaroo anyway (only to sort out spell permanency effects); pretty sure when I popped in near the end of a playthrough (post WOTGS) I had the option of discussing Amii at that point, so it seems like if you don't mention it, the clock on her life never starts. Perhaps the best that adventurers can do for her is take no notice. Primum non nocere, and all that.
    Spoiler: item code

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    dragonalumni likes this.
  5. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Looks like our posts crossed...
    I think that it used to be the case that selling items tagged as Lareth's anywhere in town caused the traders to identify you as an enemy and sic the assassin on you (but my recollection might be faulty). These days I do sell them stuff deliberately to provoke this encounter when I am ready for it- think of it not as selling drugs to a cop, but as being a cop engaging in a little light entrapment... Burne and Rufus don't take any action and the traders sit there overcharging for stuff, so perhaps goading them by selling their dead ally's gear might stir them up a bit.
    I think the Blacksmith might recently have been modded in such a way as to decline to buy Lareth's boots at first offer, pushing you towards a different outlet, too.

6. dragonalumni

Well, I consider entrapment .. something that used to be unconstitutional in America, as an evil act, done in the name of good.

many thanks for the replies and info.

this one can be marked [solved] too haha

7. sigofmugmort

I've gotten the Swamp Lotus and Assassin in the same swamp encounter

8. dragonalumni

Of course the deal with me is that if you kill the traders and don't allow them to flee the follow up ambush and assassin encounter will never take place, therefore you will have no chance to find the swamp lotus, if what I read was correct and that is those things are happen at the same time.

Quite frankly, I see enough news everyday about kids who I cannot save no matter what, I don't think that should be a thing in video games too.

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The swamp lotus does appear pn a random encounter map, I've never seen it on the Assassin revenge encounter map before.

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I recently had the assasin show up on the swamp lotus map with the latest version of temple+.

It was still in the same place on the map as usual also.

11. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

I have also gotten the assassin and the lotus on the same map at the same time.

12. sigofmugmort

Maybe since both are "triggered" encounters, if you have both activated and a random encounter occurs with a Swamp terrain that's how you can get both

@Sitra Achara, did you increase the chances for the Swamp Lotus encounter in Temple+?

Our Host!