[solved]Quick Question: Serena's magic ring

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by dragonalumni, Apr 5, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

How do I make her use it? It is not identified so it's not on the command wheel. She won't trade it.. so yeah what do?

I kinda of assume the rogue back in Hommlet would have the same problem.

And does anyone think it's odd that one guy with a ring of invisibility is just cheating for some gold at cards and the other is an indentured servant? I think if I had such a ring I would be a ..more creative thief.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Short answer: you can't, at least not until it's identified.

dragonalumni likes this.
  3. dragonalumni

What purpose would the Co8 team have in making such a "_______" change from 7 that would bring about such a situation?

Or am I missing a sane approach to identification that doesn't involve something stupid like having to multiclass into a wizard to cast identify for a ring or some other lolz.

4. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Hm, why don't you let any one of those merchants in the game identify the ring? Don't you have the 100 Gold?

dragonalumni likes this.
  5. dragonalumni

Thank you. Although I've played through ToEE about 10 times and never once had an item identified by a vendor, due to the fact that I've always had a qualified caster, this does seem like a not overly-shitty way to deal with it. It was also a solution I had totally and obviously overlooked.

To be honest though, character owned items should all come already identified.

Well, we can marked this one [solved]. :p

Our Host!