Having an issue with Hickory Branch.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Blomdor, Mar 12, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. Blomdor

Blomdor Member

I am uncertain if spoiler warnings are necessary here. My sincerest apologies if any rules of conduct are being stepped on by my blundering.

Try as I might, I simply cannot find Angra Mainyu's phylactery. Even having looked up the possible locations of the thing on the map, it has eluded me for an hour now. All twelve potential spots have been searched repeatedly and as closely as my not-so-great eyes can manage. I am concerned at this point that it may either not have spawned at all, or be concealed by leftover enemy equipment or foliage.

Is there a way to spawn it via console or otherwise solve this problem if this is the case, or do I have no other recourse than to keep scrutinizing pixels?

2. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Apologies for the dumb question, but I assume that you have fought and killed Angra Mainyu? What I would suggest as someone who has no connection to the Mod is leaving and returning to the main HB map (i.e. nip into the minotaur temple or Hungous's cave) and see if it spawns when the map reloads- if not, hamg around herw and wait for a more useful answer.

3. Blomdor

Blomdor Member

Thank you! I appreciate any response.

Ye, I've taken out Mainyu and his minions. The map is entirely cleared as far as I know. I'll give your suggestion a go and see what happens.

EDIT: Alas, no luck. I've tried leaving the map and coming back as well. If it's around, it's either covered by a chain shirt on the ground or something or I just can't see the little thing.

I'm going to attempt to spawn it via console and hope I don't screw up my game...

EDIT: I figured out how to spawn it with the console and destroyed it. Whether the game will register it as normal, I have no idea. Is there any sign I should see of that, e.g. a message?

When I go back to talk to Bethany, the quest registers as completed and I gain the experience reward, but I cannot have a proper conversation with her; the dialogue does not advance beyond "You made it! How many of them did you identify?" I notice that I have both the One of Nine and the Nine of Nine reputations in my logbook...obviously, something has borked a bit here. I may just take it as is. One somewhat bugged quest doesn't bother me all too much. It was great fun to complete in any event.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  4. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

The Phylactry appears after the bodies fade away. I usually return to Hommlet and rest a couple of days( and sell everything) then return a do a grid search and loot.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Also, if you think it may be hidden underneath other loot you could pick up that loot first and then you might see it.

If you spawn it, you might want to drop it and pick it back up for the game to recognize that you have it.

Our Host!