Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

I have had no problem with TOEE. I don't use the default location because it will mess things up. I am running Co8 8.1.0 New Content. I have looked at your file but I don't know where it is stored. I am also doing it straight under windows 10. I did it originally under Windows 7 and it also worked. Also, you antivirus could be messing it up. You may want to check these things.

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

http://www.co8.org/community/index....eight-modpack-installation-instructions.6695/

3. Tony_von_B

Tony_von_B Member

Thanks for the replies. TOEE is installed at C:\GOG Games\Temple of Elemental Evil. I had already read through the installation instructions & explanations of how the Modpack works; I scan stuff before installing to the virtual machine, it's not running a virus scanner (though Windows Defender is installed). After the front end errored out I found the file Circle of Eight Modpack 8.1.0 Standard.tfm in the above directory and tried a manual install using 7zip v9.20 to extract it. It got a similar error:

CRC failed in 'modules\ToEE\art\ground\CO8\HIKORY_BRANCH_01_Exterior-night\001E0023.jpg'. File is broken.
    Unsupported compression method for 'modules\ToEE\art\ground\CO8_HIKORY_BRANCH_01_Exterior-night\001E0024.jpg'.

and 43 other lines of error msgs for the same directory (manually typed the error msg, might be slightly wrong). I think this is what the
    front end is failing with, though I don't know why my Win7 32bit sys would fail when your 64bit systems don't. The TOEE games doesn't
    run either with the vanilla GOG install or after the aborted Co8 install- doesn't fail immediately but no screen appears and the cursor only
    changes to a spinning circle for a minute or so (which is why I tried to install the Co8 modpack). GOG's forums suggested installing DirectX 11,
    which I did, no change. Other old games (PoR 2, Arcanum), run fine.

4. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

I'm not sure if this is a Co8 bug or a Temple+ one, but the spell Disrupt Dead will always be treated as a miss regardless of what attack roll I get. This seems to be a problem with the Skeletal Gnoll and Mathel in Welkwood Bog.

Example screenshot: http://imgur.com/xyXFr64

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Yep, that's on me. Fixed for next version.

Goshi3156 likes this.
  6. messedup

Just went through the harpy fight on level 1 of the temple. I was trying to get the gold from the harpy's when I moved the person to my wizard. It went instead to the gate and my wizard was allowed to lift it. The problem is that my wizard only has an 18 strength. The paladin and ranger in the party have a 24 due to the belt of giant strength +6. Is this a problem or am I reading something into this.

7. Daemon6

Daemon6 Member

Hi, I've been wanting to play TOEE again, but have been getting the error:

Error: could not open 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_60\lib\i386\jvm.cfg'

When I attempt to open the TFE-X.exe.

It's 8.1.0 New Content, I've uninstalled and tried to reinstall it, I even tried the No New Content version (I'd very much rather have the new content.)
    My Java is fully updated - current version is 1.8.0_121

Is there a work-around for this?

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

9. Daemon6

Daemon6 Member

"My Java is fully updated - current version is 1.8.0_121"
    Eh, I have 1.8.0_121 installed... It's been updated since it went live.
    Which is why I'm asking if there's something that can be done.

10. messedup

I am running java 1.8.0.121 and TFE-X is running fine. I haven't run into any problems. I have heard some people run into problems. One thing I did notice before I found this site was that TOEE wouldn't run because of my antivirus program. I have taken care of that.

11. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Try opening your TOEE install and look for the .jar file and start the game from it. This is how I run the front end with the same version of java that you have.

I'm running this on Win7Pro 64 bit OS.

12. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

13. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I just tried to start the Nulb ambush scenario. Can't trigger it. Never had any problems with it so far. So I searched in this forum:
    I have a two character party both already quite high level 9 chars. The druid has a brown bear companion. Event never triggers with brown bear, only after dismissing bear ambush starts. Can the bear lower the average level that much? Looks like a bug to me.

14. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

odd, that would only lower party level by @ 2 to lvl7 which should still trigger the Ambush

15. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I've only had the ambush happen at night. Was it still daytime when the bear was with you and then maybe night time after you dismissed it?

Our Host!