[Archived] Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion Open Beta

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Allyx, Jan 2, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Ok, so the Demo version is all but complete, the entire module is uploaded into this modpack. It will require installations of both ToEE AND Icewind Dale and of course the Co8 modpack (mostly for the Temple Frontend) to activate, and requires the demo patch in post #2 below.

I'd like to open this up as an open Beta test version, will start a new thread for feedback and bug reports etc...

Thanks to everyone who has helped thus far.

Installation Instructions:
    1. Install The Temple of Elemental Evil (not in a "program files" folder).

2. Install ToEE official patches 1 & 2 (not patch 3. GoG versions need not apply any official patches as they come preinstalled).

3. Install Co8 8.1.0 modpack (NC or Standard - doesn't matter which)

4. Install Icewind Dale.

5. Extract the Icewind Dale modpack zipped file to your ToEE installation folder.

6. Run TFE-X.exe, select Icewind Dale from the modules list and click activate. (a current error means you may need to force close and repeat the activation process - it should work second time around), locate your IWD installation folder.

7. Download IWD Demo Patch 1 here, or from the post below this and extract it to your ToEE root folder.

8. Activate the IWD Demo Patch add-On in TFE-X.

9. (Optional) activate the Icewind dale portrait pack in TFE-X.

10. Launch the game.

This total conversion mod presents the entirety of Icewind Dale's Prologue chapter, all quests, NPC's dialogues and loot (some of which has been exchanged for alternative items), are present.

Included with this mod is a custom Icewind Dale portrait pack which may be activated in TFE-X once the module is activated, which also includes the IWD default adventuring party. Note that to use all 6 default players, you must play a Neutral Good party due to ToEE's party alignment restrictions.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  2. Allyx

IWD Demo FINAL Patch 1 is here, this patch will update your IWD to the most recent release version available at this time. Details on page 2 of this thread.

Extract the IWD Demo FINAL Patch 1.zip file to your ToEE directory
    Run TFE-X
    Click Add-Ons
    Select IWD Demo FINAL Patch 1 and Click OK
    Select Yes to install the patch.

You should not need to start a new game.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  3. Ibbz

Ibbz Member

Thanks very much for all your work with this - it's appreciated - having recently bought IWD and not having the tolerance to deal with BG1 level sprites / animation anymore, this is exactly what I needed.

One thing I'm not sure if possible, is whether quest items can be removed from inventory on quest completion - e.g. removal of the Caravan contract?

4. Allyx

The caravan contract does get removed from the game if the contract is reunited with the other named character written on the contract.

5. zeurpiet

zeurpiet Member

Hello,

I followed the instructions to install Icewind Dale ToEE but when i run the TFE-X.exe there is no Icewind Dale option in the modules list.
    Circle of eight modpack 8.1.0 new contant and temple of elemental evil (active) are the only options.
    Can anyone help me?

6. Allyx

Did you extract the Icewind Dale module into a folder by any chance? If so, open the folder, cut the contents of it and paste them into the root folder (where TFE-X.exe is).

7. zeurpiet

zeurpiet Member

Did you extract the Icewind Dale module into a folder by any chance? If so, open the folder, cut the contents of it and paste them into the root folder (where TFE-X.exe is).

Yes thank you that worked.

8. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Damn, I would love to participate, but I lost my Icewind Dale game discs long ago.

9. Allyx

You can buy IWD:EE on www.Gog.com for a DRM free version, and it won't break the bank. The EE version is just £15.99 sterling, the regular version will also work just fine. You could also buy a new set of disks from amazon.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  10. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Allyx, Ted, or anyone else that would know off the top of their heads,

I'm having fun with the demo, but I don't really care for the IWD portrait pack. I know it's listed as optional and I could play with just the stock ToEE/Co8 portraits. Would it cause much of an issue to install a different portrait pack in it's place?

11. Allyx

Only one to my knowledge, the bearded dwarven woman NPC in the tavern will have Fruella's face... Other than that it should work.

12. erkper

OK, cool. What if I want to try a different portrait pack, like the Royo pack? Which version should I d/l and install? Co8 8.1, 8.1 NC, or KotB? (I'm assuming the KotB specific pack would be most likely to cause wonkyness, if only because "wonkyness" sounds so Ted.)

13. Allyx

I've not tested the other packs, if you want to give it a try and see what happens, you are of course welcome to, the Co8 packs should work, just do me a favour and post again later to report your findings. :)

14. erkper

OK, after some memory refresh in KotB I decided Royo is nice but rather limiting, unless I want a complete party of naked female humans. (Which doesn't sound too terrible, lol.) So I grabbed the Co8 8.1 NC BG portrait pack and reinstalled IWD. But I'm a total TFE-X/portraits noob, how do I get TFE-X to recognize the BG pack for IWD?

15. Allyx

You will need to change the name of the .tpp file in the addons folder to match the name of the module you want to use it on.

Our Host!