Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Allyx, May 7, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Attached Files:

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Thanks. Unfortunately it's identical to the one I have in my GoG installation...

I guess I'll do something easier for this release and just look up the registry key for the steam installation.
    Can you tell me the ID in the start menu shortcut for IWD:EE?
    If you bring up the shortcut Properties, you should see something like
    Code:
    URL: steam://rungameid/228880
    I need the number after rungameid/.

Later on I'll get the game from steam too, when it's on sale or something, and try to debug.

3. Allyx

steam://rungameid/321800

4. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

I've been trying to play thru my original version of IWD.

There are some differences I see in the Kuldahar North map and Beetle Cave map when I compare it to "our" version. Namely, outside the cave (in the North map) the beetles are already dead when you first arrive, and so are many of the goblins as you get close to the cave entrance. And inside the cave the beetles are alive, but all the goblins are already dead. The beetles appear to be eating the dead goblins when you enter the cave, and they never attack you unless you attack them first. And these dead goblins in the cave have some good loot to that can be picked up.

These beetles appear to be just standard "big" beetles with no acid attack.

I don't mind the current rendition that we have. The battle isn't so difficult as it is, and it is fun to see the goblins and beetles battling. I don't think we should change what we have, but the loot (some gold, nine Arrows +1, and a Jasper Gem) needs to be added to goblins in the cave.

In regards to the bombardier beetles with the acid attack - there are many of the bombardier beetles in the Dragon's Eye Lizard Man cave, and it looks like the bombardier beetles can do their acid area attack at least twice, maybe more if I want to retest and not kill one to see what happens before I die... plus they have a small chance to stun the victim(s), too, which is quite devastating in the heat of battle. I think it is this acid area attack that does the chance of stunning effect. These little things are tough with a bunch of hit points...it is hard not to get killed when you are getting swarmed by a few of them. I don't know how to tell if they are affected by each other's acid attack, but it doesn't look like it.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

To get them to have more than one spell, a random chance to reset their spells using spells_pending_to_memorised() or whatever that command is, would reset the lone spell and they would cast it again, and not just straight away either, but whatever round the random moment occurred.

6. ineth

ineth Member

Does this mean it's gonna be Windows-only?

7. Sitra Achara

I guess for Steam users it would be, until I manage to debug the issue with detection of the steam installation. (it's not meant as a permanent solution anyway)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  8. Sitra Achara

In other news:
    Just got my physical IWD copy in the mail, and have verified that it works for that at least :)

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Al, did we have a release date? I have not got the sleeping movie implementation done and looks like I won't this side of Christmas, but could be ready (if it works) for an end-of-year date. This is not worth holding it up for though, it's just bells and whistles.

10. Allyx

By the new year is fine, I'm gonna put in some serious work this week on this mod, I want the demo done around the turn if the new year if possible, if not, soon after.

11. argikt

argikt Member

And what will be included in the demo?:)

12. Allyx

The complete (hopefully) Prologue Chapter of Icewind Dale. Easthaven, and Kuldahar Pass, all loot, enemies NPC's, and quests. And of course the Shopmap to kick it all off - while not a part of the original IWD game, it has pretty much standard for Co8 mods, and offers equipment that is otherwise unavailable to starting characters.

13. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

So, since I have not played it does this mean I should Buy Icewind Dale from GOG and which one?

14. Allyx

This demo currently works without an active IWD install, but in future versions it will be required (if we can get it working) though any legit copy should do, either standard version or the EE version.

15. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Al, will there a last patch for testing before the release of the demo?

Our Host!