Crash after random encounter with Bethany

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by cottonmouth, Jan 8, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Member

Greetings!

As this is my first post on this forum, allow me to thank you for the all work and effort you've put into making a great game into a truly excellent one! It has indeed been so excellent that I've rarely had the need to search the forums for information regarding any problems, but alas, I have now encountered one!

Whenever I get the random encounter to meet Bethany in order to get the Hickory Branch quest, as soon as I try to go anywhere, my game crashes to desktop. I've tried loading older saves, changing my resolution and other things. I can teleport into hickory branch before meeting her without the game crashing, but wherever I go (or teleport using the console) after having talked to her on the random encounter map, the game just crashes again.

I am terribly sorry if this has been discussed somewhere - I've searched but found nothing, except for one mention here http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7919&page=8
    I tried what was mentioned as possible solutions, to no avail.

I'd be very happy if anyone knew what was going on! It's odd, I've never had any similar problems - it just seems like the "flag" or what you'd call it that I get after talking to her confines me to this solitary forest island of Oerth.

Must I stay here forever?

No matter if this gets solved or not, I just want to repeat that you guys have done a fantastic job with this game.

Sincerely
    The one stuck in the forest

2. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Member

Update: Via the console I completed the quest "missing ranger" after having gotten the notice, used the console to add the quest to go to hickory branch (in order to not having to meet her for the quest), set the flag 724 ("Meet Bethany") to 1 (to avoid the encounter which caused the crash), teleported into Hickory Branch using the console to get the location. So far, I can go everywhere without a crash, and Bethany is awaiting me in constabulary, and I have the quests I need to continue. I'll provide a report if I notice anything odd.

Sincerely
    The one until recently stuck in the data folder

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Heh heh, love your last comments.

Glad you were able to find your way. :)

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Glad you got through it! but could you post a save just before the encounter?

5. D.D.R.L.7

D.D.R.L.7 Member

i have the same problem right now and im a noob at the console.... someone wants to help a poor little noob?

6. D.D.R.L.7

D.D.R.L.7 Member

what's the quest number that's all i need and the HB location code to have it on the map im using 8.1.0

7. D.D.R.L.7

D.D.R.L.7 Member

Update: Fixed by repeating the quest the the war of the golden skull

8. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Our Host!