Temple+ New Feats

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by WinstonShnozwick, Sep 18, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

For shape mind blade, my current method is to unweild the weapon from the hand that holds it before creating and wielding a new one. Is there a function to drop the weapon to the ground without going through inventory? I'm again worried about the case of a full inventory.

Also, for a query, if the query is something that does not exist yet (for example querying from a future feat to tell if that feat is activated currently), will the d20_query return 0?

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Yes.

I wouldn't drop the weapon to ground, instead I'd check for a free inventory slot.

3. WinstonShnozwick

In this case though, I'm always and only going to drop a mind blade to make place for a different shaped mind blade, and they should be set to disintegrate when not held.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

There are inventory slots that aren't displayed for every character, you could move it to one of those temporarily?

5. Sitra Achara

Yeah, if you're going to disintegrate it why bother with dropping to ground?

Although come to think of it it's probably a good idea to un-parent the item before destroying. I'll check when back home.

6. WinstonShnozwick

That depends on if the check for disintegrate from unequipping comes before the check for a full inventory to unequip and if that would prevent it from disintegrating.

True, unwield could be modified, but if the item can be dropped (no harm with mind blades, the supply is infinite and they are biodegradable) then it would be a simpler fix for this case.

7. Sitra Achara

What

8. WinstonShnozwick

When I right click the item in my equip slot to unequip or however the unwield function handles it, will the script on mind blade immediately trigger there, or does the inventory have to have a free slot to move it to before it allows it to trigger that?

9. Sitra Achara

I think it won't trigger until it successfully finds a slot to move to, but you have to test it to be sure.

10. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

Quick question about the blackguard, is the following true with temple+
    paladin level 11 or higher converts to blackguard
    A fallen paladin of this stature immediately gains a blackguard level for each level of paladin he trades in.

11. Sitra Achara

No, that's not implemented.

There's now also in-game wiki documentation on the new classes, which usually notes exactly what is implemented and what isn't.

12. WinstonShnozwick

In protos.tab, will giving a range and ammo type dagger to a weapon allow it to have a throw attack? How would this work for a weapon like shortsword or longsword that has no throw attack/animation?

13. Sitra Achara

Not sure. If mimicking the dagger proto doesn't work, it'll have to be specially coded.

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Check out the cleaver proto - it has a property called "Throwable" I added that property to hand axes in the IWD conversion, didn't need to assign an animation and it works just fine - animation shows axes and everything.

15. WinstonShnozwick

So if I add that property to a longsword and bastard sword, what would it look like when I use a throw attack?

Our Host!