Spolier Questions: Livonya's Mod

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I haven't played the nodes with Liv's mods because I'm so mad and confused way before then. Between bugs and CTD's i"ve never got past level 4. I basically gave up on the nodes sometime ago and from what I've read I'm not even going to try. Fanfix and temple.dll with Drifters patches is the ticket for me right now. I'm having a good time and it plays real well. The modders have a lot of work to do. I hope it's all fixed before Call of Duty2 comes out, cause then I'm gone. I saw the preview and the new game engine is awesome. Great graphics and AI. 3.3GB(huge game), and play options galore. Now if we could get a D&D game like that, wow.

2. Scorched_Earth

Scorched_Earth Established Member

So while out adventuring I accidently stumble into the swamp lotus and so decide to head back to Hommlet and give it to Jaroo. He promptly heals Amil after which I head back to the woodcutter who then hooks me up with some sweet, although expensive, items from his mage merchant friend. Then, I decide to go back to Jaroo, cast cats grace on my rogue, fascinate him with my bard, and decide to pick his pocket just for the hell of it and lo behold, what did I steal..the swamp lotus( apparently he only used half of it, but why...stole his key too). So after robbing his chest and walking out with a grin on my face(after donating 1 gold to the Old Faith of course), I decide to head back to my dorm room in Nulb who Preston sold to me at a decent price, when I stumble right into the assasin(didn't expect that!). So he took out my rogue without hesitation but before things got outta hand, I decided to try a little diplomacy. In the end, we all decided to chill, sit around and drink some of that nice Hommlet ale..have my bard play his magical 'frum', and smoke the rest of the swamp lotus. The assasin got really stoned and I performed a coup de grace after he passed out. Either way, shame on Jaroo for trying to keep the lotus to himself!

3. nunya fukinbiz

nunya fukinbiz Member

I'm already at the end of the game and have never found the Swamp Lotus. I keep looking for it but it never seems to show up. Amii isn't getting better and I'm afraid I may have to put the little tike out of her misery soon. :evil_laug :transform :tombstone

NF

4. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

WARNING: Spoiler

To see spoiler, highlight the following:

You can find the swamp lotus in a random encounter between Hommlet and the Moat House. The encounter takes place in a swamp; the lotus is on the ground in the NW (iirc).

Edit: If you cn already see it and are somehow unhappy about that, then why are you reading a thread marked "spoilers"? ;)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

hey white text shows up really easly on a dark grey background eg hellgate style forum instead of vbulletin style :clap:

6. Old Book

Well, if you can suggest a better way to hide spoiler text, I'll give it a shot. ;)

7. Belgham

Belgham Member

I played with Livs mod from start to finish, and apart from a few CTD (which I get before Livs mod anyway), the game works fine

8. Old Book

Agreed on this. I've completed the game with Liv's mod installed; it works, and I like what Liv has added.

However, I maintain that the Balor calling in three Hezrou is just silly. Not sure that Liv put that in, but it never came up in the vanilla game + patches.

9. nunya fukinbiz

nunya fukinbiz Member

Thanks Old Book. I knew how to find it but not where. I walked around for about an hour and finally found it. I gave it to Jaroo and Amii is now cured. I ended up buying 3 items and the Woodcutter wouldn't sell anymore. So I started to go home and take a look at the items I bought. Then I had a CTD. I was able to go to a previous game (after buying the first item but before it arrived) but now nothing shows up. I still have my first item on order and I've waited for a year and a half, but nothing shows up. He just keeps telling me to come back tomorrow. So, it doesn't look good for Amii after all. <sigh> I hate to be a bad guy here, but I think the Woodcutter just took the money and isn't planning on getting my stuff. Maybe if I just started with a couple of his chickens, I could get my point accross. Unfortunately, there is a non-lethal attack but I really want to specifically break his knees. I don't think just beating him is enough. So, I think Amii will meet a tragic end after all. :yikes:

NF

10. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

The woodcutter jsut takes a lot of time, around 3 weeks, between 1 item and the next.
    About the swamp lotus, if you really can't find it, use the console commands and don't think about it anymore. I know how boring it may be patroling the area for random encounters.

11. nunya fukinbiz

nunya fukinbiz Member

I went to an earlier game and re-found the Swamp Lotus. Luckily it didn't take as long the second time around. I was able to get the 3 items again, but I have to ask, 'is that all?!?' Excalibur is nice and everything, but I think I've already made (not to mention the one I found on a dead prince) much better. And the Longbow of Frost, come on. My Composite Longbow of Medieval Smackdown has it beat all the way around. My Heavy Mace of Holy Whoopass can out do any of these. I guess this quest was designed to be completed earlier in the game. Ah, well. At least little Amii is better and now she will probably live a fruitful life and all that jazz. :sadblinky

NF

12. Scorched_Earth

Scorched_Earth Established Member

If u kill all of Lareth's buddies in the tower, then rescue him afterwards, does he still show u his hideout? or are they both the same thing? or does he come back and backstab u? anyone know

13. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Nunya, I understand what you say and I agree with you: that process is just TOO SLOW. The longbow of frost is indeed a very nice weapon, but it is not composite and it is just here for the ones that won't craft items. But think about the dragon hide armor: it is important for druids and lighter than the troll bone armor. Excalibur, that with my protos (that require drifter's hack first) works like a real holy avenger, is the only +5 weapon in the game and offers magic resistance: you can't craft the same weapon by yourself and it is perfect for paladins.

14. Old Book

Barbarian Armor can be enchanted up to +3 (for +6 AC), is very light, and can be worn by your Druid. It also doesn't interfere with your DEX bonus up to +5 (iirc; I'd need to check my save). Add Gloves of Dexterity and a Large Wooden Shield +3, and your Druid will never miss the Dragonhide Armor. ;)

EDIT: this is not in any way to disrespect the work that Liv put into a great mod, or her items. Simply pointing out that your characters can do fine crafting their own, something that's true of most items in the game.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  15. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Livonya didn't make the dragonhide armour, she just made it possable to obtain it in the game (without using the console anyway).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!