Imeryds Run Help

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by pmaura, Sep 29, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. pmaura

pmaura Member

Have a party of 6 all level 4, paladin, ranger, 2 wizards cleric and rogue.

As soon as I go there, the enire area attacks me. Am I too low lever for this, that damn king frog just swallows people whole

BrotherSmythe likes this.
  2. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Level 5 or 6 works better, I usually have a party of 5. rogue/Ranger, Sorcerer, Fighter type, 2 Clerics. Load up on Sound Burst for use on the Lizardmen and Hag. Glitter Dust and stinking Cloud as well as Web can allow you to defeat in detail the opponents. Remember, on the Radial Menu you can spend an action to break free

Gehennis likes this.
  3. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Also as I understand it a party of 6 activates both the frogs and the lizard man/hag encounters. A smaller party activates them one at a time IIRC (not that I ever play with less than 6 PC's myself...)

4. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

If you sneak into Imeryds Run (i.e., before leaving Nulb), you can sometimes avoid triggering both encounters simultaneously.

5. relic

relic Established Member

Taking on this encounter at level 4 is SUPER difficult. I generally don't hit it until level 5 when my wizard (or wizards in your case) has Fireball. Usually, a fireball can take out most of the Lizard Men and weaken the Hag. The King Frog usually likes to go after spell casters or lightly armored characters, so you have to account for that. The King Frog can chase a character around and possibly get you some attacks of opportunity, but it is a difficult encounter.

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I usually have a party of four and I only get the frogs first, as long as my party doesn't stray to far west in combat.

I did say usually. ;)

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

It is a tough encounter for a level 4 group, perhaps too tough. You could try improving your chances of success by equipping your Ranger, Rogue, Cleric and Paladin with reach weapons - long spears, glaives etc.. Pre-buff your mages with Mage Armor, and position your mages in the western most spawn locations by altering the party order accordingly, then when the Giant Toad skips past your party to get to them, AoO's from your fighter types should bring it's HP down a lot. Use characters with Tumble (especially the Rogue) to flank enemies for bonuses to your attack rolls (and sneak attack damage from the Rogue).

Casting Web on lizardmen will slow their advance, don't forget also that webs are flammable so keep a burning hands and/or scorching ray spell memorised to attack a webbed enemy and the ignited web will cause some damage to all webbed opponents (makeshift area of effect spell), you could also charm lizardmen to assist you.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  8. Ertury

Ertury Member

It's almost impossibile to take on both encounters at lev 4,unless you have you wiz with strong spells scroll(like cloud kill),your characters heavily buffed and lots of skeleton commanded as meat shield.Though I usually play with a party of 6 or even 7!At level 5 you can do it fine.

9. BrotherSmythe

BrotherSmythe Established Member

Definitely agree with web usage. I didn't know about secondary damage from flaming the web (Allyx). Sonic Blast always good. Dont stray too far northeast or the giant garfish will stick his nose in your business. Also do not forget to get the Lamia figurine / childs toy. After webbing the hag and her cronies defeat the frogs in detail, then try to pick off hag from a distance. Don't let her get close. Have potions of neutralize poison on hand.

10. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

I STILL have yet to find that thing- exactly where the heck is it anyway?

11. BrotherSmythe

BrotherSmythe Established Member

To the far right/east, middle of screen. In branch of tree. Hard to see. I usually hit tab so that it is highlighted. Once found have your wizard identify it. Pretty cool. When you're low on magic/summoning and in a tight spot whip out your Lamia figurine. I usually give it to a weaker,non-melee character (who also has the fungus figurine.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  12. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Options: wait until you have gained a level; use Web to keep the Hag away until you have dealt with the frogs; use ray of enfeeblement on the Hag (in conjunction with Web). A fighter with a reach weapon, enlarge person and bull's strength, with a pal behind to apply potions of neutralise poison is pretty effective against her also.
    If you are determined to do this quest at 4th level, chatting to the Nulb blacksmith about the temple and recruiting him is also worth considering.

13. pmaura

pmaura Member

thanks for the help. Man this game this game is great. Radial menu sucks a bit, but what I wouldnt give for more moe modules. Do bad you all cant do against the giants.

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

If we could make the maps, and had appropriate monster models we could, until then we'll have to settle for the nearly complete (hopefully) KotB and the (barely started) Icewind Dale conversion. ;)

BrotherSmythe likes this.
Our Host!