Moradin's Soul Hammer single-handed?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by SwingBlade, Jul 28, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. SwingBlade

SwingBlade Member

Hey folks!

Just picked up Moradin's Soul Hammer, and the description says it can be used one- or two-handed. I can't seem to find a way to equip it with a shield or any other offhand item. Is this just a bad item description? I'm wanting to toss it onto my cleric which would require a proficiency feat, which I have coming up in 4k XP.

2. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Pretty sure it's 2-handed only- IIRC it uses the Warhammer feat (or at least is said to), but it's a 2-handed weapon (i.e. a greathammer) rather than a Warhammer like the one you can loot in the temple.

3. Erhog

Erhog Member

It's 2-handed only in game. Would be great if someone implement ability like on bastard sword with feat exotic weapons that will allow wielding it 2-handed AND 1-handed+shield

4. SwingBlade

SwingBlade Member

Attached is the screenshot of the hammer's Shift+Click description, and why I asked what would seem to be such an obvious question.

Erhog, bastard sword specifically has rules for single-handed use (STR 15+) in normal 3.5 rules. Moreover, as an actual weapon, it was one that was adaptable to single- or two-handed use, by design. Speaking as a medieval reenactor, there isn't a broad pool of two-handed weapons that adapt well to single-handed use.

Attached Files:

5. Erhog

Erhog Member

Yes, I know about ingame description but it seems devs just not implemented INGAME mechanics for that. That's why I said about bastard sword ingame mechanics coz, as I know, thisis the only weapon you can wield 1-handed and 2-handed.

6. SwingBlade

SwingBlade Member

Sorry, I completely misunderstood what you were saying.

Our Host!