Spolier Questions: Livonya's Mod

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I had this one a while ago, there's a couple of problems with thier dialogue files, livonya (bless her) said they'd be fixed in 2.0 but I can provide a temporary fix for you, just pop the contents of this zip in your temple of elemental evil/data/dlg folder.

Attached Files:

• dlg.zip
      File size:
      23.5 KB
      Views:
  2. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Great! And..... does anybody know what happened to Liv? I'm really waiting for her 2.0 and I absolutely don't mind to play another time the game without it.

3. Ravenot

Ravenot Member

Hey that fixed the crashing right up. Thanks!

.... now only if i could find that creep Lareth...

4. Allyx

No probs, use your most INTIMIDATING character.

5. Belgham

Belgham Member

[My friend told me that hedrak was supposede to invoke his god. Is that true?? cos he never did when i met him[/QUOTE]
    Only if you knock him to almost dead state and wait for 1 round. He will call for Iuz.
    Now the trick is to get Iuz to disabled state in exactly 3 rounds for St Cuthbert to appear.
    Have fun trying to beat him.

6. kgrogers1979

kgrogers1979 Member

I cannot figure out what to do with the Corl quest. I confronted him in Jay's field at night time. The next morning, I went to his house and talked to him again. A couple days later, his dad tells me that he was killed. This is where I am stuck. I cannot figure out who to talk to next. I have talked to Jay and Remos & Gremag and they all say nothing. I have rested for 100 days, and still nothing happens. Is something supposed to happen?

Also, I have encountered a bug with Tolub, the fist fighter in Nulb. I told him I would challenge him, and after I punch him once, he says I lose. The quest ends up botched and I cannot do it again. I reloaded my game and it always does this.

The readme for Liv's mod mentions basilisks. I have played through this game 2 times, and I have never seen a basilisk. Where are they?

7. NetWraythe

NetWraythe Member

Those who have found out . . . a groaning spirit wouldnt happen to have anything to do with a lotus would it?

8. Belgham

Belgham Member

No, I dont think so.

9. Scorched_Earth

Scorched_Earth Established Member

Rannos(or Gremag, I dont remember) convinced me to join the assasins guild and murder Armario I think it was. In the reputations section it says something about being contacted or something similar at some moment, I don't have the game with me at the moment so I can't check on the exact details. I've waited several weeks and nothing has happened, anyone know anything about this? Also, I found Lareth but I can't talk to him. Everytime I try the guards kick me out, any hints?

10. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Second time I fought the Balor with Livonia's mod.

First time, he summons quasits. Remove Fear and Inspire Courage don't actually do anything to help against his Fear effect, which means my tanks can only charge, get in one hit, then run, but that's OK. We defeat him, everything is fine.

Second time, he starts the fight by summonning three Hezrou, which appear in the middle of my party.

Even if that is a Monster Manual power, that's just silly. Are a lot of end-game parties buff enough to handle that?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  11. Marceror

Marceror Established Member

Well, because of the way the stench affect of the hezrou currently works in the game, the Hezrou are WAAY tougher to kill than they should be. I would say no, that just about no party would be able to handle a balor and 3 hezrou without some unbelievable luck.

12. Allyx

you should max out your rogues talking skills, I think you can bluff your way down there, alternatively have your wizard scribe 2 scrolls of invisability for each party member and one for Larreth

13. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Not now that that stupuid hezrou stenches himself too :D
    But anyway, the balor should summon a limited ammount of other monsters. There is something weird into that script.

14. Old Book

A limited number of other monsters I'm fine with. Three hezrou at once is freaky. ;)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  15. Old Book

Update: Tried again from the Pre-Three-Hezrou save. This time the Balor called in a Glabrezu.

Killed them both. Felt good about it.

Then, discovered that the old "can't pick anything up" bug was back. Couldn't even use the door to leave the node. Teleporting out crashed the game.

Not sure if any of this was Liv's mod, but have I mentioned that the nodes suck? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!