CONGRATULATIONS, BRITAIN

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ioannis76, Jun 24, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

Yesterday, the British proved that they vote with their mind and their patriotic hearts, rather than the emotions caused by threats and false flags. I would like to congratulate the members of this forum who are British for their choice.
    The British struck the first blow in breaking the Fourth Reich.

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

The British? Rather the english did while the majority in Scotland wants to stay in the EU. That might lead to another referendum as the scottish vote to stay in the UK in part only happened because they feared that England would not let Scotland into the EU if Scotland left the UK. Now that England left the EU that reason has vanished.

And "fourth Reich"? Please, if you would take a vote in Germany we´d rather have Greece leave the EU too. At least with the UK leaving there will be a way devised how to get a state out of the EU and that might prove useful for other uses. Unless poor Greece feels so badly treated that they desire to Grexit on their own.

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

The happiest capital today is Moscow. European disunity benefits authoritarians of all stripes.

4. ioannis76

I do believe that the EU is not much less authoritarian than Russia (if you can call Russia that). My take on the EU is that it is the worst kind of authoritarian regime, that of social liberalism. It is the worst kind, because there is a facade of "freedom" and "democracy" in it, which just does not exist, as the citizen is only free if his/her views agree with idiotic suicidal hyperemotional views (such as "let the immigrants in"), etc.
    Furthermore, I would rather have a cunning man such as Putin in charge, rather than a drunkard such as Junkers.
    However, if you ARE interested in a REAL authoritarian regime, you could look at Turkey, a country that is looking to enter the EU. Would an authoritarian country really want to join a coalition if that coalition was truly democratic? I think not, as the ruling elite would reject it.
    If it was just the English that did it, they have my respect. Either way, I see the UK in a much different light, now. I thought that they no longer functioned like an Empire, but it seems the people are still proud and fearless.

Believe me, we Greeks would much rather leave, too. We are sick and tired of being under the command of stupid, drunk bureaucrats (Junkers) or idiotic, populist leaders (Merkel), who look to polls to see which way their policy will go (for example the issue of invaders, eeer I mean immigrants). If we want to be governed by malakes leaders (it's a very popular Greek word) we have many here, we don't need to import them from Germany or anywhere else. By the way, I think that the withdrawal from the EU is already covered in the articles.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  5. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Authoritarianism in Turkey is one of the reasons they haven't been allowed to join the EU yet. I'm curious what authoritarianism means to you if you'd really compare Brussels to Moscow on that score. And if you have a problem with how the EU is dealing with immigration, I imagine you'd like it even less if Greece was left to herself and her geography. The coastline is simply too long to "close the border".

6. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

It's Great Britain's independence day.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I think I may be confused. Did Great Brittain decide to leave the union, or did England? I thought Great Brittain included more than just England.

Maybe one of you guys can shine a light on this for me.

8. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

A native speaking english teacher once told me that the country is not called "Great Britain". Great Britain is only an island on which England, Scotland and Wales are located and which would leave out Northern Ireland that is part of the United Kindom too:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain

The referendum was held in the entire United Kingdom and as you can see in that votemap in Scotland the majority voted to stay in the EU:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_European_Union_membership_referendum,_2016

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

That word is one of Greece's greatest exports.
    So it's agreed - Turkey joins in place of Greece, everybody wins. I should get a job in Brussels.

Anyway, well done Britannians, and bring on an independent Scotland and a free, unified Ireland!

10. ioannis76

That's the excuse the EU uses. Time and again, the EU had no problem negotiating with Turkey, and viewing Turkey as a partner in various negotiations, even though it is well known that Turkey is arming various terrorist groups in Syria (but then again, so did European countries, such as France) and has robbed Syria of oil. It is also clear that Turkey is using the refugees as a pressure mechanism on Europe. As "punishment" Europe gave Turkey billions of euros, to create refugee support centers in Turkey and stop the flood of refugees in Europe, neither of which Turkey did (unsurprisingly so). Is that how Europe deals with belligerent and authoritarian countries? By yielding to their demands? Besides, the EU has proved that it has no problem supporting straight up nazis in the Ukraine.
    Regarding immigration, actually, you are so wrong. The status of Greece as a member of the EU, and the fruitcake social liberal government of Tsipras (it would have been the same with Mitsotakis and New Democracy/PASOK, they are both pro-EU) IS the reason why we get so many of them. As proof of that, refugees come to Greece even from Morocco. A strong, nationalist, anti EU government would use the still powerful Greek Navy and the Coast Guard to block the borders with Turkey. If you need further proof that the reason why immigrants/refugees choose to come through Greece is POLITICAL rather than GEOGRAPHIC, you can look at the fact that refugees do not choose to cross from Turkey to Bulgaria, despite the fact that the two countries have extensive (and far less dangerous to cross) borders.

11. ioannis76

lmao @ the word export. But for the job in Brussels, there is a prerequisite. You need to be able to get as drunk as this guy here:

Yes, this guy is ruling Europe. And yes, this is a EU Summit. He referred to Orban, the Hungarian premier as a dictator. Diplomatic incident, anyone?

12. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Immigrants cross into Bulgaria too. And Italy, and Spain. The whole southern flank, in fact. That's why the EU has been trying (and failing) to deal with it collectively. I can't imagine any European country (even Germany) taking on the problem alone.

As far as Juncker, I'm fairly certain there are 28 heads of state who would dispute your assertion that he "rules" anything unless they're trying to deflect blame for their own poor decisions.

As for Ukraine, I don't recall them invading any of their neighbors. Russia has troops in Ukraine (Crimea, Donbas), Georgia (Abkhazia, South Ossetia), and Moldova (Transdnistria).

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I personally regard all that as Russia's version of the Mondroe doctrine. I don't approve, but if the US gets to do whatever they like in Central America and no-one in Europe can intervene, it's not worth going WW3 over what Russia does in it's backyard. Not a good position but a pragmatic one.

Speaking of which - I am told the US has just moved two carrier groups into the Mediterranean and their special forces into Jordan. I am most certainly NOT a conspiracy theorist, but it's worth saying up front, if there is suddenly a terrorist attack and the sheriff says, "it was Syria! We have to invade!" - well, it was a false flag.
    For a cushy overpaid EU job and all that power, I can go full Boris Yeltsen.

14. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Russia was welcome to do what it wanted in its backyard (and did) when the Monroe Doctrine was actually in force. This isn't the 19th century.

15. ioannis76

Throughout 2015 only about 16-20 thousand or so immigrants cwere detained in Bulgaria.
    http://www.novinite.com/articles/17...ants+Detained+in+Bulgaria+Since+Start+of+Year
    Given how extensive and easy to cross the borders with Turkey are, the number is extremely small. By means of comparison, Greece had 857 thousand cross into its territory by sea. http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/country.php?id=83
    This was caused by Merkel's idiotic populist policies.
    https://agendaeurope.wordpress.com/...gela-merkels-stance-on-immigration/#more-4822
    You can read the article, and see how the whole disaster started. Countries such as Hungary were viewed as "cruel" toward the "poor refugees", their leaders (Orban, specifically) dubbed "right wing extremists", "xenophobes", etc.

LOL@ how you try to underplay Juncker's role. Let's look at his title:
    The most powerful officeholder in the EU, does not, in effect "rule Europe"? Really? So, it's OK for a guy constantly drunk to hold this title.

Nah, just some Europe-backed thugs overthrew the legally elected government. And then committed atrocities against the Russian minority and tried to censor documentaries about said massacres. But no, you are right, they did NOT invade Russia itself (I guess they were not THAT suicidal).

And if you don't like RT sources (RT is just reporting the incident, but anyway), here is a British newspaper reporting on the pro-EU, fully Neo nazi Azov Battalion and their deeds:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...brigade-fighting-pro-Russian-separatists.html

Our Host!