Temple Plus Spell Names

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Kharagh, Jun 3, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kharagh

Kharagh Established Member

I'm giving Temple Plus a try but all of my renamed spells have been unnamed. With the regular Co8 New Content, all I have to do is change the name in data/mes/spell.mes for the new name to show up in-game. But Temple Plus ignores the names in that file. Is there something else I can do to change spell names in Temple Plus?

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Temple+ contains override .dat files which take precedence over original and modded data, Place your modified Spell.mes in the following file path: C:\Users\INSERT YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Local\TemplePlus\app-1.0.11\tpdata\tpmes\ spell.mes and see if that helps you.

If it doesn't help however, know that I do not contribute to the temple+ project personally, and this is my best guess as to how to modify your game as you requested, it could of course be completely wrong and break your game or do absolutely nothing at all, an I take no responsibility for any damage caused to your hardware or software as a result of following these instructions.

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Small correction: if you want to override T+ files, you need to place them in ...app-1.0.xx\tpdata\overrides

So for spell.mes that would be
    Code:
    C:\Users\INSERT YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Local\TemplePlus\app-1.0.11\tpdata\overrides\mes\spell.mes
    However, please use the spell.mes extracted from co8fixes.dat.
    Also I'm in the process of migrating all these file overrides to "addon" files that can live side-by-side with modded content (except for the specific entries which they directly override). I'll see if I can fit spell.mes for today's 1.0.12.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Well damn I got it almost bang on... the overrides folder escaped me though.

5. Kharagh

Thanks, but that didn't work and now my game crashes within a minute of loading my last saved game. And when I go back to the overrides folder, it's empty (I created a mes folder within the overrides folder, put spell.mes in there, and now both the mes folder and spell.mes are gone).

6. Sitra Achara

Are you using the setup file to run the game by any chance? If so, don't do that, you should use the startup menu shortcut.

edit: v1.0.12 is out now, and should no longer interfere with modded spell.mes files.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  7. Kharagh

I didn't even know that shortcut existed. Thanks. Now I have my renamed spells AND my protos.tab changes that were also missing.

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Since the last update1.0.12, I'm getting a "your save file may be corrupted" message on all of the saves. If I start a new game it gives me an error message right after I choose the party alignment.

Also, I have the auto update on in Temp+ Config, but my game went from 1.0.10 to 1.0.12 and never showed the 1.0.11 version.

Btw, I do appreciate all of the wonderful enhancements Temp+ offers.

9. Sitra Achara

Not getting any of that here... can you upload a logfile from when you load a save and a logfile from when you start a game after the party alignment selection?

Also, are you using any other mods? (like Rudy's etc.)

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Thanks SA, no other mods except for a portrait add on.

I'll attach those files here when I'm on my PC.

EDIT: Well, this is embarrassing ... everything seems to be working fine now. I can load saves and start a new game.

Sooooooooo, nothing to see here, keep moving. ;)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
Our Host!