Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Believe the TOEE engine is capped at 32 participants per encounter, but that could certainly feel like a hundred. :)

2. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Illegally-Aligned Mother
    Screng is a devout worshipper of St. Cuthbert, but has an illegal alignment (NG). Her alignment should instead be LG to account for the Law Domain.

St. Cuthbert's alignment changed from LG to LN in 3e.

3. sirchet

She could be Lawful Nuetral as ST Cuthbert is. My thoughts are a minor deity like him may not be as picky when it comes to devotees.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Is he minor now? I think he would be the pickiest of dieties... in fact, any Law god would be picky. Anyway, Endarire's point is doubtless correct, but consistency with the module, as well as the rules, is also a factor.

(Translation: If Screng was already that way we probably won't change her).

Do people hire Screng for crafting? What is her other Domain? We could break a few games if we just remove Law, we all love those Holy Axiomatic weapons :wave:

5. sirchet

Yup, he's a minor deity. I guess when you ascend from being a mortal to godhood you still don't get a key to the executive washroom. :)

6. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

Am going through again and did some quests in different order than normal. I killed the fish in the run and gave it to the fisherman. I then got Mona's orb from the apprentice. I then went to complete all of the Snake Pit quests. I then gave the orb to Mona. I then went to Wentz to tell him he could get his money from Mona. There was a new like saying that Madam Ophelia could pay him...Is that a quest that I found or just a link there?

7. Shiningted

If he hadn't mentioned it before, it's sorta a bug - quite possibly from the original game (there ya go, new bugs from original game still being found). If you've done the Snake Pit quests and sorted out Mickey then I should imagine you've put Ophelia in a position to pay Preston the money she owes, but you should only mention it if he has already given you context for it... you sure he didn't say something in passing?

8. messedup

It was option number 1 and he only mentioned Mona when I originally talked to him. You can try it yourself.

9. MajorTomSawyer

MajorTomSawyer Archivist of Mods

Sorry if this has been reported, but my search availed no results.

Short Version: Kella leaves party when accepting Prince Thrommel's reward for rescuing him.

Detailed Version: Once we meet his men in the random encounter, the dialogue fires normally.

Once it finishes, and they fade away to leave, she travels with them, and I am left with the "ghost" circle for her.

I was looking for a way around this, but I cannot seem to talk to her anymore (I was hoping if I kicked her real quick before accepting the items I might be able to take her back afterward).

What has probably caused this is I am using a NG party. I had a druid PC, and removed her when Kella joined (did not need two druids).

Anyone got a hotfix for this? Console, patches, anything?

Note: Official patches are installed. Using the 8.1.0 NC version. New version of TFE-X installed. Addtionally, I added the fixes from the post: read magic, Gremag's dialogue, Smyth, Banishment, Rannos Davl and Gremag patch, and Dala. I also added the ghostbuster patch from one of the other threads too.

10. Shiningted

@ Messup - if you're sure, then I certainly believe you :)

@ MajorTom - this is Ground Control, try THIS thread for some suggestions. At least 2 ideas to get rid of a blue circle.

11. messedup

Shiningted, I am sure and I don't remember it in the original game. I looked in all the buildings and didn't see the Pit.

12. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Well, the Snake Pit is semi-original content - IIRC it was at least partially written in, then deactivated by Troika/Atari before release. I'm pretty sure reactivating the Brothel was one of Co8's first major accomplishments. That being the case, the dialog and options that create the bug you describe could be original, or could have been inadvertently added in the modding process.

13. MajorTomSawyer

MajorTomSawyer Archivist of Mods

Thanks for the help, and I am sure there is a way to fix it somewhere in that thread, but I could not figure it out.

As a note, it also happens with the Countess rewards.

I did find a way around it on my own that was much more simple.

When they show up on the RE to give me the rewards, I just hit M and left before talking to anyone.

I also used the console to correct the loss:

game.party[0].reputation_add(22)

give 4016
    give 6105

For the Countess:

give 6215
    give 6126

If you want the badges (and you have this bug), you can also add the following:

give 6128
    give 6129

It was like the BG2 ToB Valygar romance. You can use editing programs to see the breadcrumbs, but neither of them are visible in the vanilla games.

If I was not so burned out on even looking at BG2, I would be tempted to use NI to find the references and add it to my modpack.

OT Edit: I have some ideas to expand the brothel via some quests, but rather than go on about it here, I post elsewhere about it.

14. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Where of the Banshee?
    My L18 Wizard knows wail of the banshee, but on the Scribe Scroll screen, has no option to make scrolls of it. Weird is listed as a scroll he could scribe if he knew the spell.

15. messedup

There are many scrolls that can't be scribed. I don't know why.

Our Host!