Item Creation Feats and Rudy's Item Mod 0.8

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Feb 10, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Rudy's Item Mod 0.8

Greetings, all!

I have questions about how item creation feats work in ToEE. Do I need to have a total character level to take them, or a certain number of levels in certain classes?

For example, can a Wizard1/Cleric2 take Craft Wondrous Item (CWI)? What about a Rogue1/Fighter1/Barbarian1?

When making items (especially with Rudy's Item Mod), do I need a specific number of total levels, class levels or otherwise? Let's say I'm making Boots of Speed. These require haste and level 10. So long as I can cast the spell (that is, I know it on one of my class lists), will any combination of levels suffice to meet the level requirement?

If I'm a multiclass Wizard who knows the spell needed to craft (say, a knock scroll) but I'm not able to cast that spell from Wizard slots yet, and I have enough total levels to meet the level requirement, can I still make the item/scroll?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Wizards in ToEE can create scrolls of any level, as long as the spell is in their spellbook. A level 1 wizard can potentially create level 9 scrolls. This is an exploit, since it is not consistent with RAW.

Any other spell casting class is limited to producing scrolls of spells they can actually cast at their current level.

Level requirements for magic item creation feats and creating particular magic items are based on Caster Level. These do not stack between spell casting class levels for multi-class characters. Presumably, the CL requirement for particular items would be based on the level of the class that provides the required spells for the creation, but it could be a character with Cleric 10 and Wiz 7 with Haste in their spellbook could produce the boots.

3. Endarire

Rudy's Item Mod changed things so a character must have the appropriate minimum class level to craft items with that spell, like Sor/Wiz10 or Travel Cleric10 for a Helm of Teleport. The caster level requirement for taking item creation feats (like Forge Ring) is a class level requirement. I confirmed this yesterday.

4. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Is there a link to this mod?

5. Endarire

6. fangotangos

fangotangos Member

I would very much like my game to include Rudy's Item Mod, but I have no inkling of how to make that happen.

7. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Read instructions, warnings and caveats on following link:
    Rudy's Item Mod | Circle of Eight Modding Community - The Temple of Elemental Evil (co8.org)

Download RudysitemMod.vo.8.zip from 1st page of that link to (say Downloads) on your computer

Back-up the Temple of Elemental Evil/data folder

Find where you have downloaded RudysitemMod.vo.8.zip using File Explorer, right click on this and select "Extract all" and then Browse so that you are extracting into the Temple of Elemental Evil game folder so that the data folder in RudysitemMod.vo.8.zip is superimposed on that in Temple of Elemental Evil

Note CAVEAT EMPTOR

Note I believe that compatibility with Temple+ is not guaranteed

Note the new armours will not suddenly appear in your the game without further intervention

Buffed Rabbit and fangotangos like this.
Our Host!