Wishlist for a Future Co8 Version Compared to New Content 8.1.0

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Jan 30, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Master's touch: Gain proficiency in a held/equipped item for a certain time.

2. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

I would like to see a true Vorpal Sword.

3. Endarire

Let's add monstars to the ilst while we're at it!

-Golems! ToEE needs more golems! Fire, ice, wind, water, heart! Or iron, flesh, clay, stone, shadesteel, alchemical, and anything else!

-Giants! ToEE needs more non-hill giants! Fire, ice, cloud, storm, eldritch, and other!

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Fire, Ice and Stone giants seem doable, but will have to use a re-coloured hill giant model which may look a bit ordinary.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

A Storm Giant or a Cloud Giant would require scaling the hill giant to be larger, (huge according to the SRD).

6. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

How about letting anybody choose any deity as long as alignment and racial prerequisites are met? I mean, why can't a fighter worship Pelor for example?

7. Shiningted

Changing deities is one of those silly hard-coded things I think.

Scaling critters, on the other hand, is the easy part :) Column 6 in protos.tab for memory.

8. Endarire

Armor/Shield Enhancements

Twilight (+1, Book of Exalted Deeds): -10% arcane spell failure.
    Soulfire (+4, Book of Exalted Deeds): Permanent Death Ward and Negative Energy Protection.
    Heavy Fortification (+5, core): 100% chance to negate sneak attacks and turn critical hits into regular hits.
    Halfweight (+3, Underdark): Medium armor is treated as light. Heavy armor is treated as medium. Stacks with mithral to make heavy armor light.

+4/+5 (core): Seems very simple to implement.

Elemental resistances: +10, +20, and +30 (to one type of energy resist) are fixed prices. This should be easy to implement!

This List as much as possible. (This is for weapons, armor, and shields.)

Rings
    -Ring of Arcane Might (Complete Arcane): +1 caster level (arcane spells only) for 20K market price, or 10K crafted? Sign me up!

9. jadedjim

jadedjim pipeweed conisouir

Noticed mialee not being able to talk to, then put her rat familiar back into her pack for safe keeping, after summoning, obviously.

He just wont crawl in there for some reason. Cant dismiss him either. He'll die just fine if i attack it, but i'd rather not have to wait a year to resummon him.

Not to mention the incessant chicken clucking he makes. I thinks hes confused about his genus or species.

Also another tidbit thats a 100% CTD for me is trying to talk to any npc neutral animals in hommlet.

Lastly, certain npcs like spuoir (whatever his name is) if you try to talk to him after he joins your party, to like tell him to leave, this will cause CTD also.

These are just a few things ive found, & i havent even went to the moathouse or emridy meadows yet.

10. Endarire

Jim: This thread is more for wishlist requests, not bugs. (Thanks for reporting them though!) Send those to the Bugs Thread at the forum's top.

11. Shiningted

Hmmmm... easily done - just +1 to vaster level if wearing ring - but it means we have to modify every arcane spell in the game. Worth it perhaps, though - I like stuff like that. And it would work seamlessly for NPCs too, so we could sprinkle them around the Big Bads and then the players get them as loot.

12. Mathalor

Mathalor Member

Are the prayer beads (+1 divine caster level) craft-able? If not, could they be?

13. Endarire

@Math: Currently, the Prayer Beads of Karma (+4 caster level for divine spells for 10 minutes - usable 1/day) are in the game but do nothing. (I've tried. I've seen no way to activate them, and no evidence they work continuously.)

Theoretically, these beads are craftable - if the Co8 team permits.

@Ted: Why would each spell in the game need to be modded to account for this caster level increase?

Also, we need more low-level caster enemies. And foes (at least at low levels) that will cast dispel magic or a derivative.

14. Shiningted

Agreed.
    Well that's how I would do it, if there is an easier way I'd love to hear it but we are limited in what we can change and spell scripts are one of the things we can.
    Yeah, ProtoEd shows this does nothing.

15. Endarire

Dyed Robes of the Archmagi. I have an all Good party, meaning all White cloaks normally. Change it to be Robe of Good Archmagi, COLOR like Robe of Good Archmagi, Blue.

Our Host!