Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

I'm absolutely certain the fire gem isn't in the skull. The radial menu (for the skull) doesn't show the ability to summon fire elementals, but I can summon and cast everything else.

2. Endarire

Elementals are not currently immune to stunning. By 3.5 tabletop, all Elemental creatures are immune to stun by type.

Fragrach (maybe also Scather) do not auto-hit a target affected by displacement (and probably also blur and mirror image, but I haven't tested). Is this intentional?

3. Endarire

Fragarach:
    I checked Prince Thrommel's damage after hitting a Large Earth Elemental with Frag and found Power Attack did not apply because Frag is considered a light weapon. This seems very much like a bug. A Bastard Sword by PnP rules is not light!

4. chano

chano Established Member

If you wield it in 1 hand it is considered light i think. so don't choose exotic weapon feats bastard sword if you plan to Power attack

5. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

A longsword is not considered light whether wielded in 1 hand or 2. Why would a bastard sword be so considered?

6. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Because you only get 1.5x damage when you wield them with both hands. If you take Exotic Weapon Proficiency Bastard Sword, you'll only be using one hand. There's no way within the game to toggle how many hands you're using.

7. Endarire

Weapon Handedness
    I assumed that if I held a weapon in 1 hand, it counted as 1-handed, where if I held the weapon in '2 hands' by having an empty off-hand, the extra damage would apply automatically.

Help Documentation Missing
    Certain spells lack help documentation. Planar ally and its lesser and greater versions is this.

Magic Circle Doesn't (Entirely) Work
    Magic circle against evil is meant to be like a mass protection from evil. It presently isn't. It doesn't ward against [Mind-Affecting[/i] like protection from evil does. Speaking of which...

Protection From Evil Blocks [Mind-Affecting] Buffs
    (Greater) Heroism gets blocked by protection from evil. This doesn't seem intentional. What about making these buffs not truly [Mind-Affecting] so PfE users can benefit from them?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  8. Endarire

Entangle < Undead
    Zombies and skeletons (the basic ones, anyway) are immune to entangle due to "monster immunity." I call BS!

9. Endarire

Druids Are Useless Scribes
    My Druid scribed scrolls of bear's endurance and cat's grace for Burne to learn. Burne didn't know any of them before scribing, nor could he learn these spells. What happened?

10. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Druids cast and scribe divine spells. Wizards cannot learn spells from a divine scroll, only arcane.

11. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

That is a complicated way of saying it...A druid is an incompatible class with wizards. You can't scribe scrolls that aren't from your class.

12. florian1

But arcane spell casters can use the scrolls of other arcane classes, as long as the spell is on their class spell list. Same for divine classes. So a cleric could use a druid scribed CLW scroll.

13. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

But I said druid can't scribe wizard. I also tried cleric to wizard and it didn't work.

14. florian1

I was just trying to make the point that it is more about the divine vs arcane incompatibility, and less to do with being a different class.

15. Endarire

NPC Companion Wizards Need More Initial Spells!
    Here.

Our Host!