Unable to have more than 3 NPCs?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Valrog, Dec 14, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Valrog

Valrog Member

This is the first time I'm playing the Temple of Elemental Evil. I'm directly playing with the CoE modpack.

I first started with 5 PCs. Then, in order to have more room for NPCs, I re-started the game with only one PC - a sorcerer.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to recruit more NPCs - I'm still able to take only 3 of them.

I would like to play with the maximum number of NPCs possible. NPCs have more personality than PCs, with the exception of the party leader who gets to talk to people.

Is it possible to adventure with 1 PC and 7 NPCs? Is there a setting somewhere?

Thank you for your help.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Hi Valrog,

On the Front End Loader go to the options and you can set the PC to NPC ratio there.

3. Valrog

Valrog Member

Wow! Thank you so much:thumbsup: I can see that we can even raise the resolution, and many other things.

Is 5 the maximum or is it possible to increase it to 7? (I realize it may not even be a good idea to have only 1 NPC, as I notice that you lose when the PC dies, though that's similar to BG.)

4. Valrog

Valrog Member

Ah, got it. The settings are in TFE-X.ini. Changing 3 to 1 did the trick. I hope it's supported.

5. sirchet

6. Valrog

Valrog Member

Thanks a lot, mate!

7. Lum Levits

Lum Levits Member

Keep in mind NPC's cannot pick up items from chests or corpses, so you will have to use your PC to do all that.....and then transfer them to the NPC if needed. I find it a pain in the butt.

8. sirchet

Before the Modpack, npc's would loot as they wish and then not let you access their inventory and when you went to shop they would actually get to buy and sell first, before you. Now THAT was a pain in the butt. :p

9. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

Yes but, you could at least take their stuff when they were unconscious. Try to take Furnok's ring or dagger when he is unconscious. It say he wont let you take that. How is he stopping me if he is unconscious. Kind of unrealistic I think. It is still light years better than the vanilla version though.

Our Host!