8 characters party

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ertury, Oct 25, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ertury

Ertury Member

Hi everyone!I know that this argument had been discussed before but I can find the right thread.What are the quest undoable with a 8 members party?And in which way undone quests can affect your fun and story in Toee gameplay?Thanks everyone for the answers.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

With an eight man party you will not have room for an NPC to join you if they need to.

3. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

Off the top of my head this affects only a couple of rescue missions from the temple (Thrommel, Paida) and the nodes (Sargen, Jaer, Taki), as well as the sewer quest in Verbobonc, the fugitive quest, and maybe the War of the Golden Skull.

The obvious "fun" item you'd miss out on is therefore the sword Scather (Thrommel's reward together with a load of money, and a bit of a cheat anyway). Paida rescue is the lawful good opening vignette which you probably want to finish if you are LG. The node rescues are optional, but at least two of these guys are kind of nice and you may feel bad about leaving them there. The third one offers a monetary reward, which, at this time in the game, is mostly pocket change, though. Opinions on how much fun the optional Verbo sewer quest is differ; apart from this fun, it is worth 50 xp or so, which at this point of the game is nothing, and will cost you probably much more gold than you can get out of it. The fugitive quest is, I think, necessary to advance the story state, but I'm not sure whether you need to do it the "right" way (which requires the party slot) to finish it. NPC joining in WotGS is optional.

4. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

You don't need to allow any of the fugitives into your party to complete the quest, only if you want to be attacked by them do you need that.

5. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

Plus, it's not so hard to play the game with one or two characters and take some gun fodder npcs along. plus, you gotta save prince thrommel and some of the other npcs before you let them go.
    weirdly enough, I like to equip them before I boot them.
    it's not like they are real people or anything, but it's in the spirit of roll playing. \
    I live in a very small town, and there are no roll players here. I got a hankering and came back to TOEE this month.
    thanx Circle of 8

6. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

anyone have a avatar pic of Ash from the Evil Dead? The tv show just came out and I'd love to have a fighter with his face

7. maalri

maalri Immortal

That would be awesome.

Our Host!