Amazing videos on the internet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gazra_1971, Sep 22, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

[YOUTUBE]OvZN-inNSio[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  2. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

The first minute of the video was as boring as dying of old age with hemorrhoids. Entire time there was nothing but the masked face of the pilot. After that it got interesting. I had the impression that the warthog is a slow flying support aircraft with a huge machinegun built in its chassis? Seems that it is much much more.

As I have just moved in an apartment which I inherited from my late grandfather, rest his soul (lepää rauhassa Pappa), I do not yet have the many luxuries of our culture. Meaning all I have now are a mattress, mp3 player, coffeepot, microwave and this twelve year old computer so I missed all the audio of that video but it still rocked with Diablo - Read My Scars in background. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiPqARQyLOM). No matter what I will always salute those brave individuals who dare bear the burden of an uniform. Hail.

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

The pilot part of the video wasn't an A10. The two jet engines would have dominated the rear of the shot. It apparently was an F15. Perhaps that was supposed to be the CAP for the strike mission.

The armored vehicles attacked by the drag bombs were U.S. armored vehicles from back in ancient times when I was in. The tank was a M60A1 or perhaps an A3 (after my time).

I think a better song would have been AC DC's "Thunderstruck", since the "official" name of the Warthog is the Thunderbolt II.

The video is okay :thumbsup:, but there are videos of A10's in actual combat that are pretty exciting.

4. gazra_1971

[YOUTUBE]m6ugFcwsgpE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5VLWBVpL23k[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]wN2orMBI850[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]K3PpR12yaRs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  5. gazra_1971

[YOUTUBE]ES02mWIJ2Tk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OacVy8_nJi0[/YOUTUBE]

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I'll never forget the feeling I had after calling for direct air support and watching a warthog light up the ridge line that had given us so much trouble. :yes:

7. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

The Air Force has been trying to dump the A 10 for decades. Simple solution: give them to the Army. :thumbsup:

8. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Our Host!