Question about St. Cuthbert

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by TOEE_boy, Oct 8, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. TOEE_boy

TOEE_boy Member

why is St. Cuthbert treated like a monster like Scorp or Oohlgrist when you have him in your party? except for (Mother Screng and Gregmag duos) other shops wont entertain me.

here's a snap
    http://tinypic.com/r/2hwzb5k/8
    [​IMG]

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Hah! You should take him to his church and tell the head priest you want to collect the tithes. :p

3. TOEE_boy

TOEE_boy Member

yeah seems like Calmert is one of those shops open for trade.

[​IMG]

he couldnt even recognize his own God in front of him.

4. chano

chano Established Member

what console command is used to get him in the party ?

:)

5. TOEE_boy

TOEE_boy Member

I didnt use console to put him into my party. its a bit tricky to put him into your party, you have to rely more on luck and timing. you can only have one god in your party though its either Iuz or St. Cuthbert.

6. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

I think the shopkeeper's response should really be one of the following:

"dude, really? you want to buy something when your god buddy can snap his fingers and get you whatever you want?"

"Hey! We don't serve their kind here... Your god. He'll have to wait outside. We don't want them here"

"Is that a god in your pocket?"

7. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Oh, even better.... Take him to Jaroo and convert him to the Old Faith

8. TOEE_boy

TOEE_boy Member

Haha, heres one with Iuz on it. same thing shopkeepers avoid Gods, Iuz is worse sometimes they attack you immediately.

[​IMG]

9. TOEE_boy

TOEE_boy Member

here's from Jaroo, ;) gotta make sure this God friend of mine doesnt get out of place.

[​IMG]

10. TOEE_boy

TOEE_boy Member

to recruit virtually anyone on TOEE without even talking to them this is how i do it.
    i havent tried the console code for putting one but this is also a sure fire to do it.

prerequisites:

a mage and a cleric

how to do force anyone in your party even a God or the Gondigoot the innkeeper ;)

1. wizard, cast Suggestion magic on any NPC you want to put in your party, even monsters like Lamia the Minotaur or even Terjon cleric etc....

2. once they are on your party, get them killed on battle, find a group of hill giants this sure way to get them killed.

3. use cleric to cast Raise, or pay Terjon or Jaroo to raise your fallen NPC

4. rinse lather repeat with another NPC

5. done you now have any NPC character you want in your party permanently and without the effects of Suggestion Magic.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  11. Edmorte

Edmorte Member

Intended or weird convenient bug?

This engine never ceases to amaze me, so many bugs and so many interesting things never appreciated by major playerbase 'cuz shit publisher.

Tx for sharing.

12. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I've recruited several NPC's that way. Dominate, get them killed, res them. It's interesting and kind of fun. ;)

13. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

What version of the game are you using? Suggestion has not been a spell for a while in the modpacks with the new content. When suggestion was a spell, I have had dragons and stuff in my party, but I have not been able to do it since suggestion has been removed from the spell list. Not with out editing the protos anyways.

14. TOEE_boy

TOEE_boy Member

the Original TOEE, was just having fun with the Gods as NPC. you can only have one at a time though, if you want Iuz then hit him with a suggestion magic with spell penetration before St. Cutbert appears, he has 25 spell resistance so chances are at least 10% hell get affected with the spell, if you want st. cuthbert then kill iuz first just before st. cuthbert appears he's an easy one to infect suggestion magic, 50% hell be affected with the spell, once the spell is in effect just do the NPC trick, among the 2 St. cutberth is twice stronger than Iuz, Iuz hits around 8 attacks, St. Cuthbert hits around 19 attacks.

Our Host!