BattleTech computer game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gazra_1971, Oct 4, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Game developer HareBrained Schemes (http://harebrained-schemes.com/) (who recently released the Shadowrun computer game) is currently running a Kickstarter campaign for the computer game BattleTech. The project has already been funded but it needs more backers to unlock the expanded single-player mercenary campaign and PvP multiplayer (and possibly a co-op game mode).

The BattleTech universe is my favourite fictional setting. I like it even more than the Forgotten Realms, Middle-Earth, and the Star Wars universes! This is the computer game that I am most looking forward to playing!

If you've never played BattleTech, then it is a squad-based, turn-based tactical combat and management game, which has some similarities with games like X-COM and Dungeons & Dragons.

If you haven't already backed this project, then I highly recommend the game.

You can check out the BattleTech Kickstarter campaign here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech

2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Thanks Gazra! I have no idea how I missed this news until now...

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Liking them on their Facebook page counts towards meeting some of the extra missions and such listed as goals.

I personally have a great distaste for Facebook, but I went on just to like HBS. ;)

4. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Cool!. I remember playing Battletech with the cardboard figures, map sheets, and lots and lots and lots of copies of Mech sheets. I think I just dated myself...

I think there was an old Nintendo game that did Battletech some justice quite awihle back, too.

5. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

MegaMek is still out there, and Catalyst Game Labs has done a great job updating the main rule books. My current favorite stuff includes soem experimental and primitive weapons that never went fully out of production. Under the experimental rules, you can get a mech-scale Blazer Cannon in 3025 play. It's basically two large lasers duct taped together for 9 tons, 16 heat and 12 damage. It's sub-optimal, but still awesome. The sub-optimization is why it never went into full production, and the awesomeness is why it never went extinct. Imagine an Urbanmech with one in place of its AC/10...

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Wow, this game sounds better and better the more I hear about it. :)

I'm looking forward to the Kickstarter updates.

Our Host!