Keyboard doesn't work under Linux

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by dagoss, Sep 28, 2015.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. dagoss

dagoss Member

I have the CD jewel case version of ToEE and I'm using Linux. I installed ToEE using Wine with the CDs. I then installed patches 1 and 2, and then Co8, just like it says to do on their website.

Next, I start Co8 using TFE-X.sh and activated Co8. That's all I changed--no addons or anything else.

Now, if I launch ToEE through The TFE, the game launches and works except the keyboard doesn't work (so the game isn't playable, since there's no gui item to save without pressing esc). If I launch ToEE by just launching toee.exe as I would without Co8, it works just fine.

The keyboard also works if I start ToEE through TFE in windowed mode. This feels clunky though (I have to pan maps using the keyboard instead of the mouse) and ruins the immersion a bit, so I'd prefer not to play the game this way, if it can be avoided.

If I have Co8 activated, but I launch it using toee.exe instead of TFE, am I still getting all the fixes from the Co8 mod? I'm not interested in mods and addons and stuff--just want to play the original game with as few bugs as possible. :)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Maybe ToEE doesn't get focused for some reason when you start it? Does Alt+Tabbing help? Also, you can try setting up Wine to emulate a desktop in a window and catch your mouse automatically, see if that helps...

- Agetian

Our Host!