The Carpenter Dilemma

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Kshahdoo, Sep 1, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Well, I have a problem with the quest - Marek doesn't wanna talk about it. My paladin has Diplomacy rank 10 (it's actually rank 5, but with all bonuses it's 10) and high Charisma, but it doesn't help. I suspect you need a good reputation with folks, which you can get by winning the drinking contest, but I don't wanna my paladin gets fallen. Is there any other way to get this quest?

2. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Try another character with a different skill such as Sense Motive or Gather Information- you might get the results you're looking for that way...

3. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Nah, I've tried anything. He doesn't wanna speak about convertion, and I can't get to other quests on account of this. Is there any cheats that can help with this?

When I talked to him the 1st time he answered something like "I don't wanna bother strangers with my problems". And since that no other options aside for question about bandits.

I've found a thread about the same problem of 2005. It looks like it hasn't been fixed.

Well, I've found a decision. Cupid's Arrow quest helps in this case.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  4. maalri

maalri Immortal

I do believe that if your first attempt was not successful (because whatever character you were using did not have a high enough skill at the time) then the quest line is irretrievably failed. Which does stink, but it isn't "broken", just an unforgiving and difficult quest line.

I had to go back to a save before the first meeting. You may want to try that.

5. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Nah, it's not failed. You just talk to Gwynneth and get to Marek conversion from another side.

Our Host!