Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

I haven't gotten a monk up to level 20, so I don't know about Perfect Self. You'll have to discover that for yourself.

See the following link for the monk abilities that are implemented in this computer game:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=127757&postcount=14

I vaguely remember a Co8 forum member being disappointed about changing their druid into Hill Giant form because they couldn't use some ability while in Hill Giant form. You'll have to discover that for yourself.

Personally, I think that monks are the most fun character class to play in this computer game.

2. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

Just noticed something strange. I have a Ranger (Chaotic Good) that has Scather. He has two weapons. I have a Wakizashi that I have upgraded to +3 and with Anarchic and Good qualities. Its price to sell is over 95,000 gold pieces. Scather is only 15,000 gps. Scather is supposedly Anarchic and Good and +4. Shouldn't it be more than the +3 sword? Then again, I just sold a +3 necklace for 58,000 gps that I got from killing Darlia and Lerrik (I hope the Count doesn't need his advisor). There seems to be some price problems. Or is it just me?

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Scather is a duplicate of Fragarath and therefore not as expensive. It is listed in Dungeon Magazine, (#106 Jan 2004) as one of the nine duplicates, (of the Answering Sword) all having a 10,000 gp gem set in its pommel.

4. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Thanks. I really can't see the use of a monk to be honest, mine was at level 12 before I had had enough. His primary was 13, 5 behind my two weapon rogue and ~10 behind my fighter, he was doing terrible damage and missing constantly.

Are there any feats that help accuracy of touch attack spells?

5. sirchet

I know of Weapon Focus Ranged Touch Attack, (increases your attack by one) but not sure about just a touch attack.

6. messedup

Just purchased a robe of eyes for my ranger. Doing shift-click like it says to get a description of what it does, the description says it gives +15 to search and spot checks. Looking at the search and spot for the ranger, it only went up +10.

7. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

Perhaps not a real bug but when you talk to the Carpenter in Hommlet he mentions that he can´t make masterwork items because of the lack of wood and points to the woodcutters quest. However the quest log does not add that as "mentioned" in pink as it does a lot of other quests (like Renten being "mentioned" after speaking with Brother Smythe.

Edit: It´s not the carpenter it´s the *cabinet maker* that mentions the woodcutters quest.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  8. Kharagh

Kharagh Established Member

Each ray spell has added code to check for that feat and then grant the bonus (if the caster has it). I have seen no such code for regular touch spells.

9. messedup

Just started the Hickory Branch quest. I just met up with Lt Bethany Sedonis and it wasn't really an encounter. Too many complies or the other one. I have a suggestion that, if it could be done, when the party gets into the encounter finding Lt Bethany, she be under attack and the party helps her. Then the dialog after the combat could be more realistic instead of her just talking and the party saying comply.

10. ConjurerDragon

Brother Smythe in Hommlet sells 2 masterwork halfling sianghans from the start despite demanding a giants head in a quest *before he would sell any masterwork items to the party*.

11. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Has anybody else considered just killing her after you learn the location?

12. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

That strategy worked for me...

13. messedup

Is this about my Bethany statement because I can't seem to do anything when she shows up.

14. sirchet

Have you tried hitting the "C" button and then choosing full attack from the radial menu?

15. ConjurerDragon

The dialogue for Bing (the brother of the leatherworker in Hommlet) is still illogical.

After curing him he says that he needs "a day" until he may have some masterwork armour for sale.

When returning after a while the dialogue is:

1) Nice to see you back to normal Bing.
    2) Let us trade, good sir.
    3) good bye/exit from dialogue

1 leads to
    1) Glad I could help.
    2) Are you able to make masterwork armour?

and to 2 he answers that he still needs a day as if no time had passed.

However if 2 is selected from the original choice the shop opens with the masterwork armours already ready because the time needed has already passed.

Shouldn´t the option 1 then 2 be restricted to only show up as long as he hasn´t finished the armour?

Our Host!