Fallout 4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonalumni, Jun 10, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

Before Fallout 3, I was a sword and magic.. devotee.. I never though I would enjoy a game as much as daggerfall, morrowind and even oblivion...

After I played though Fallout 3, my world changed.. Fallout 3 is in my humble opinion the best rpg ever made. Yes, I said it. A first person shooter in a sci-fi setting. Best RPG ever.

Fallout New Vegas, was amazing too, still very much an A+ game.

I have waited.. years... for news of Fallout 4 being announced.. and finally it has happened.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/03/fallout-4-location-confirmed-as-boston
    http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4/#!

I waited 20 years for Diablo 3, and when it finally arrived I never even played it.

Fallout 4.... seriously this... I cannot even explain how much I'm looking forward to it.. Skyrim was fun, I played it to death.. I liked it a lot.. but I'm sure I'll play FO4 more.

Just sharing my love..

2. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Have you tried their spiritual forefathers- Wasteland and Wasteland 2 (or even Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics)? Give them a go- the graphics are dated but it's definitely a fun walk thru history...:)

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Wasteland 2 is a fairly new game and a must play for any Fallout fan, in my not so humble opinion. :)

4. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

Don't forget S.T.A.L.K.E.R & Metro 2033 series :).

5. dragonalumni

After Fallout 3 and NV was played to death, I did eventually go back and play Fallout 1 and 2 because I was interested in the story and though it was interesting, I wouldn't say it was hardly required to enjoy FO3 or NV.

I also played though Wasteland 2.. it was ok.. but as I recall the balance wasn't that great, 4 guys specialized in assault weapons and combat was all you really needed. I played it less than a year ago and I can't even remember much of it now. I played METRO but it's linear, literally stuck in a one-way tunnel 99% of the time setup really sucks imho.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  6. dragonalumni

I started a Fo3 tribute run. The FO3 game to end it all. As soon as I got out of Vault 101 I started running directly for Rivet city to pick up intelligence bobble head. On the way I ran into Sam Warrick, a random encounter with a guy who has a sniper riffle fighting some wastelanders. Amazingly before even hitting level 3 I've got a sniper rifle and 10 intelligence (also some combat armor off a talon merc) . I feel like a munchkin.

7. sirchet

Have you tried the alternate start mod? I started as a bounty hunter last time and got owned by a group of Talon Mercs, I don't know how they beat me so bad ..... I did have a knife and was wearing some top notch rags. :p

8. dragonalumni

talon mercs come in 3,
    1 melee, (knife)
    1 ranged (usually laser pistol)
    1 short-ranged (combat shotgun)
    all 3 are wearing DR25 combat armor.

early levels the only way to survive these guys is split them up, take on around a corner, enter a building or whatever. reload and finish the last two. stay back from the combat shotgun guy.

combat shotgun and combat armor are two of my favorite fallout items. especially the unique versions.

9. Gehennis

Just saw the preview that Bethesda did this past Sunday- :heart::love:

10. sirchet

Myself, I found the only way to beat a squad of Talon Mercs at level 1 with a knife and wearing rags is to RUUUUUUUUN AWAAAAAY!

And this is from someone with well over a thousand hours of Fallout play time, (according to Steams tracker). ;)

11. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

I watched the E3 showcase video and my jaw dropped at how amazing Fallout 4 is going to be! I can't wait to play that game! It actually looks like it has superbly designed game mechanics! (which is a rarity these days! Man, I miss the golden age of computer game innovation in the 1990s!). Pity it won't include multiplayer. That would be my only criticism of the game.

Watching that E3 showcase video has inspired me to want to complete all of the previous Fallout computer games (I've never finished any of them yet!). In fact, the only Fallout computer games that I've played so far are Fallout and Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel (which is one of my favourite computer games of all time!).

[YOUTUBE]D5esyZPt5Jo[/YOUTUBE]

12. Gehennis

I've not played Fallout 3 on PC (console only) but Ive played the other Fallout games on PC and I have to say, even with the dated graphics Fallout 2 still holds up today as far as game play goes- love the tactical choices in combat and the character skills to try out. Just a word- the best weapon in Fallout 2 (IMO) doesn't do the most damage- it just causes the best critical hits, taking out the toughest foes in just 1 shot (depending on how you have your character specced out). Spolier follows:
    The LE Red Ryder BB Gun is what you want but it doesn't become available until about halfway thru the game depending on how you approach it

13. sirchet

Let's not forget all of the amazing mods for Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

There are quite a few professional quality quest mods for Fallout New Vegas that even have top notch voice acting New Vegas Bounties 1 & 2 and The Inheritence are in my opinion must play mods for the game. These adventures take place during the vanilla quest line without pulling you too far off track.

Our Host!