Working on a project...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by SharkD, Jan 30, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. SharkD

SharkD Established Member

ToEE Level-Upper v0.6.1 alpha

I thought that since I've made some headway I'd announce a project I'm working on.

Protos Wizard

[​IMG]

Step 1 which I am working on now is simply to add one or more levels to characters and choose the appropriate classes/skills/feats/etc. according to RAW.

Step 2 is to randomize all character classes/skills/feats/etc..

Turning ToEE into a sort of roguelike.

Will keep everyone updated.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  2. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Nice work, but you know about ToEE World Builder which does this and there is documentation on how to use it to mod right? I dont want to rain on your parade or anything, but just checking so you dont do a lot of work to redo previous work.

3. SharkD

Hmmm.... Is there a tutorial or extended document on how to use WB? I can't tell just by reading the stickied thread if it can do the same stuff.

[edit]
    Installing now.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  4. SharkD

Just tried World Builder. It doesn't seem to do anything automatically for you. You have to input all parameters manually. So, no, the programs are not the same.

5. SharkD

I've been using THIS SPREADSHEET as the basis of my database. I would really appreciate it if people were to go through it, fix mistakes and "fill in" any gaps!

6. Illustair

Illustair First Order Wizard

Not that I'm spamming. I would help if I could, but I don't know any of these. You might want to make a more detailed instruction on what you really intend to do, I bet even those that know these stuff are having a hard time understanding this. I hope I was able to say that in a non-offensive way. Also, I think ToEE Modding>General Modification is the place you want to be.

7. SharkD

Thanks for replying!

What is it you don't understand exactly? My questions? The parameters in the spreadsheet? Something else I mentioned?

Good point. What I plan on doing is parsing protos.tab and modifying the NPCs' stats.

For starters, I simply want to increase each character's level by one according to RAW and taking into account each character's monster levels, class levels, alignment, etc.

The next I want to accomplish step after that is to randomize all NPC's spells, abilities, feats and so forth - again taking into account creature type, class levels, etc.

Once that is completed I will consider myself done.

Feel free to move this thread to the proper sub-forum.

8. SharkD

Last edited: May 12, 2015
Our Host!