Alpha Testing - Round 2

Discussion in 'TemplePlus' started by Sitra Achara, Apr 17, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I think it does end, but only for a REALLY large distance. That's my experience from the Temple anyways with the fleeing ghouls.

2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

No worries... I was just thinking that if you were mucking around in that section of the engine anyway, it might be easy enough to tack in.

3. Heinous_Hat

Heinous_Hat Member

I have a bug with the latest templeplus (pre 87).

It doesn't occur if I load the save with either the previous build or with co8 NC 8.1

The bug occurs in the Moathouse dungeon, in the small cave beyond the crypt with the ghouls (with the holy water stash). To reproduce, use the rogue (lead character) to pick up the nearest holy water vial. She should run straight through the wall to her right and do a big loop back into the cave before she picks it up. You should be able to reproduce it multiple times, though not with every object... I think it depends on her position.

Save attached (correctly, I hope)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Thanks, was a silly mistake, now corrected in 0.1.0-pre+104.

5. Heinous_Hat

Heinous_Hat Member

All gone. Thanks :)

6. Nadyan

Nadyan Member

Sita Achara,
    I am uploading the Fire Temple stop issue. This time it occurred during the fight with Alrem, in the turn of one of the spiritual weapons.
    There is a save before the fight and another exactly when it stopped.

I hope it will help
    Nadyan

Edit:
    Reproduced several times, also in version 104, always stops in a spiritual weapon move action.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  7. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

I tested the following with TemplePlus-0.1.0-pre+104:

During the combat against Hedrack, Spugnoir successfully cast Charm Monster on a Hill Giant, but each time that I clicked on the blue text of the word "Success!" that is the Will save entry in the rolls history log at the bottom right of the screen, the modifier/roll breakdown graphical interface refused to pop up and display.

I tested the Greater Temple Bugbear's (the bugbears with 152 Hit Points) AI Strategy Type during the combat against Hedrack. They kept sneak attacking and tripping my party's characters. They were so damned good that they tripped and sneak attacked Spugnoir to death in either the first or second round after Iuz and St. Cuthbert left.

During the combat against Hedrack, while I was scrolling the screen at the same time that Spugnoir was running along the corridor during his turn, I experienced chronic lag causing TemplePlus to temporarily stop responding for approximately half a minute. My computer's processor is an Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4 GHz.

The D&D 3.5 SRD states:
    I created a level 18 monk who has a speed of 90 feet (in accordance with D&D 3.5) and then tested his running pathing during combat on the Emridy Meadows map and along that very long corridor in the Greater Temple (i.e. ToEE dungeon level 4). A level 18+ monk should be able to run up to 360 feet in a straight line during his/her turn during combat, while Elmo has a speed of only 20 feet because he is wearing his chainmail armour. The screenshots below show that my level 18 monk is unable to run anywhere near 360 feet during his turn during combat. You can see Elmo's maximum running distance in comparison (which should be 80 feet, because chainmail armour is medium armour).

At Emridy Meadows, my level 18 monk was able to run a VERY long distance if I positioned the destination marker within about a 30 foot band that was about three quarters of the way to the left across the map from the right edge of the map. But before and after that approximately 30 foot band, the running pathing marker is coloured red as an illegal move.

As you can clearly see, beyond a threshold distance, the running pathfinding begins using waypoints to determine the running path.

In conclusion, level 18+ monks are being unfairly restricted in how far that they can run during combat compared to how far that they legally should be able to run.

Attached Files:

8. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

I tested Nadyan's saved game named BeforeStop in post #51 of this thread.

I tried the saved game using TFE-X, and I was able to finish the combat with no problems.

I tried the saved game using TemplePlus-0.1.0-pre+104 and:

1. I noticed that the dialogue options with Alrrem are different between TFE-X and TemplePlus (using TFE-X, I had dialogue options with social skill icons (e.g. Sense Motive, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Gather Information, Bluff), whereas, using TemplePlus, I had no such dialogue options with social skill icons, and I had to go through considerably more dialogue responses in order to initiate combat against Alrrem);

2. My first attempt at the combat caused the combat to stop during a Fire Temple Bugbear's turn - it appears that there is a ghost image of the bugbear standing in the doorway of the screenshot - the mouse pointer icon was the icon of a dagger when this occurred - while holding down the Alt key, the Fire Temple Bugbear's movement path is highlighted - I could press Escape and quit the game;

3. My second attempt at the combat caused a CTD (crash to desktop), but I forgot to copy the log file because I'm an idiot!;

4. My third attempt at the combat caused the combat to stop during a Spiritual Weapon's turn - while holding down the Alt key, the Spiritual Weapon's movement path is highlighted - I could press Escape and quit the game - I've attached the log file and ini file for when this particular incident occurred.

I used the same ini configuration for all of my tests.

I've attached screenshots of these incidents for analysis.

I've attached my saved game (called passed electric trap) of my party just before encountering Hedrack if anybody wants to test whether they also experience really bad lag during the combat against Hedrack (particularly when scrolling the screen while one of your party's characters is moving during their turn during combat).

Our Host!