Skill points and Character Creation

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sether, Jun 9, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. sether

sether Member

I'm not sure if this is a bug, if I got hosed, or if I'm just an idiot. This morning I bought TEE on direct2drive, downloaded it while at work and came home and installed. Everything's ok, except for a problem in Character Creation.

When I get to the "Skills" part, I can't progress unless I've used up all my skill points. Fine, makes sense, but the problem is with characters that have high INT or lots of skills points, such as a rouge or wizard. Basically, I max out all my skills and still have points left over, and thus can not progress in character creation. Is there away to drop skill points, am I just missing something, or is this a bug (and is there a workaround).

The patches do not work, maybe beacuse I downloaded it from fileplanet, but I believe it's version 2 anyway. A quick search yielded no results, including tech support from atari.

-Thanks in Advance

2. silvannus

silvannus Member

I think you are giving skill points only to your class skills (the ones in white). Keep in mind that you can also increase the other skills (the ones in yellow) at twice the normal cost.

Regarding the patches, what do you exactly mean with "do not work"? Maybe with some more information we can give you some help ;)

3. Remac1947

Remac1947 Member

It is possible that you need to scroll down to find the rest of your skills to add points to. :doublethu Good luck.

4. sether

sether Member

Yup, that's it. I'm an idiot, lol. With the download version the manual is in PDF, so I never really got a chance to give it a good read. I feel silly not realizing this, as I also wondered why such a good D&D game cutout so many skills:p Thanks for the quick reply.

Our Host!