Pillars of Eternity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonalumni, Mar 30, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Also, augmenting the priests AOE buffs has helped me greatly. I'm almost through the first chapter on hardest setting and I haven't had a total party wipe yet. :)

2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Here's an excellent review of Pillars of Eternity for those who are interested. The review contains spoilers of the plot at the very start of the game, so be warned.

(note: the Dungeon Master at the very start of the video is how I would imagine Gaear would be as a Dungeon Master ;) )

[YOUTUBE]jLCG_8ifW2c[/YOUTUBE]

3. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Is that Prince Thrommel's voice from 3:55 - 4:02? Especially when he says "He was on the wrong side".

4. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

GOG.com still has a sale going on for this game- 40% off. If I had a better PC I'd go for it...:(

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Also saw that Good Game ep Gazra is referencing - must try to get thm to do a 'mods' episode.

EDIT: Come to think of it, a lot of Hex and Bajo's gushing about the expository dialogue and prose made me feel validated in some of the descriptive text I added to KotB in brackets - "[You see Mr Floppy's face fall but he maintains his quiet dignity and says with summoned conviction] crumpets, please!" - but also makes me wish I had kept a slightly more serious tone throughout.

Because it's all about KotB, you know :p

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  6. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

One reviewer at RPG Codex certainly didn't like Pillars of Eternity. Here's his review:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9867

Here's the gist of his review for those TLDR people (like me) out there:

7. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

I actually agree with some parts of the review (The quests, stronghold and character creation), but I also disagree with a lot of it (Writing and combat).

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Codex? I think their consensus on 'The Dark Knight' was "suckiest movie ever made." ;)

(e.g. you can't look to the Codex for honest reviews, because generally everyone's looking to one up everyone else on negative reviews, and due to that mentality of "it better suck or else," they're afraid to be positive. So you'll get fear-based "this sucks!" reactions even when someone feels an inkling of enjoyment. Sometimes you can find nuggets of genuine feedback within their discussions, but rarely in their reviews.)

Our Host!