Dragon Age: Inquisition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonalumni, Apr 20, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

Although I fondly remember Dragon Age Origins as being a really great game that I enjoyed I could not go into detail as to why since I haven't touched it since 2009 when I completed my first and only play though of it. My enjoyment of DA:O was matched equally by my massive disappointment in DA2 because of the level design and map was HORRIBLE and the reused graphics, every location looked the same and because of that I never finished DA2 and lost interest in going back to play through DA:0 again.

I might of never played Dragon Inquisition but on a whim I gave it a go. I must say that this game is amazing and returned to its original strengths quite well and has in fact surpassed it. The easiest way I could explain DA:I is Buldur's Gate meets Mass Effect in a Wheel of Time novel.

The biggest strength of DA:I is perhaps its open world feeling and that is the thing that can make me a fan of just about any game. DA:I has several (around 10) locations that take about 5-10 hours to completely explore it also has a very good crafting system (maybe too good).

I'm really enjoying the story of DA:I and the exploration involved in it as well as the npc companions who accompany me in my travels. (except the 3 npc rogues they all are annoying) :)

Last but not least my mage PC has a light-saber-ish ability that generates a forceshield. :p

2. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

Combat is pretty brain dead during late game. The enemies aren't much stronger with only the dragons putting up a real fight. Though most of the challenge from them often comes from the weak AI.

Still, it is a very immersive game, and I actually enjoyed it as well.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Hmm, I returned the game about an hour after I bought it because of the restricted exploration and the feel of being forced down a certain path to a certain goal.

I think now that I may have misjudged the game. So, both of you believe it's worth buying?

If so, I may pick it back up next time it's on sale and actually check out what happens after the first main area and combat.

Our Host!